RCS KPL7 and OmniPro II (3.9)

pac1234

I can't get the RCS KPL7 to do the initial handshake with the OmniPro II (3.9) and not really sure how its done?
Presently Im getting the alternating blinking LEDs

Setup in PC Access (v3.15)
Setup / Expansion / Serial :
- Rate "9600"
- Function "Pro-Link"? (is this the correct function?)

Setup / Messages
- "! KL01R[cr]" ( I typed this in as exactly in the "quotes"?) (Switch is set to address 1)

I also tried changing the polarity of the RS485 data wires as suggested in the wiring diagram

Not sure of the process of making the handshake? 
- Just having the "! KL01R[cr]" in the Messages section, provides the handshake? How do you send this 'Read Switch command'?  ("The LEDs will turn Off after the first "Read Switch commands is received")
-Where is this received? (The 'Read switch' information returned will contain a 'P' character to indicate a power up condition as well as the firmware version)

-----
For Programming: are these the correct Trigger option to use ? 

"Scene Switch" / "KPI-PB1"  (representing Switch address 1, Button #1) 

Found this on the Novo Solutions HAI Knowledge Base
http://kb.homeauto.com/default.asp?id=951&SID=&Lang=1

KPL-7 Scene Switch Installation Tips

The following tips can be time saving in the proper setup and operation of the RCS KPL-7 Seven Button Scene Switch:
  1. Wiring – the KPL-7 has a 4-terminal connection block and the terminal should be wired to the HAI controller as follows:
    12V – connect to an Auxiliary 12V “+” terminal on the HAI controller (NOTE: Do not connect to the Switched 12V “+”).
  2. G – connect to any “GND” terminal on the HAI controller.
  3. B+ - connect to Pin 5 of the controller’s on-board serial port (NOTE: “A” terminal when using a 10A17-1 Serial Interface Module).
  4. A- - connect to Pin 4 of the controller’s on-board serial port (NOTE: “B” terminal when using the 10A17-1 Serial Interface Module). 

[*]KPL-7 Addressing – each KPL-7 requires a unique, which is based on the 4-position dip switch. NOTE: The addressing convention begins at “0”.
[*]RS-232 Jumper – the KPL-7 communicates via RS-485. When using an on-board serial port, the jumper below the port must be moved to the RS-485 position (middle and right pins).
[*]Serial Rate and Function – the Serial Rate should be set to 9600 Baud (default), and the Serial Function must be set to Pro-Link.  NOTE:  Serial Port 1 can not be used - you must use Serial Ports 2-5.
[*]Controller Firmware – the controller firmware must be 2.16 or later, in order to have access to the “built-in” command set. If the controller does not have 2.16 or later firmware, the KPL-7 can still be used, but the commands will have to be named under Setup>>Names>>Messages. This can reduce the amount of control possibilities. 

Article ID: 951

Although hardware is set up as above, I'm still just getting the alternating blinking LEDs ... I can't get the RCS KPL7 to do the initial handshake with the OmniPro II (3.9).   If I'm understanding this above, sounds like I do not have to enter any commands in "Setup>>Names>>Messages ", since controller firmware is 3.9?   Wanted to also clarify the Pin location for the "controllers on-board serial port", when looking at the board, "pin 6" in on the Left and "pin 1" is on the Right?  Any help on this would be very appreciated!

Hi reaching out on this one again, on how to program the RCS KPL7? 
Looks like I have the switch wired correctly form info above , but can not figure out how to program?

The switch I have addressed as #1 (binary on/off/off/off), and KPL7 is connected in serial port 3. (RS485 correct jumper position)
How do I do the initial handshake with the OmniPro II (3.9), presently Im getting the alternating blinking LEDs ( which means handshake not made yet)
I tried 
"WHEN AC POWER ON
            THEN SEND !KL01R[cr] OUT SERIAL 3"
(I recycled power and leds still alternating)

"WHEN 1stHall-Main ON

(thought maybe I could just use a light turing on, to trigger sending the !KL01R[cr] command, but leds still alternating)

WHEN SCENE KP1-PB1 OR HAI TRIGGERED OR CENTRALITE 9 PRESSED 
(pushing button #1 of switch #1, did not complete handshake, leds still alternating)

Thanks!
Patrick 

Back