Rookie Questions: Unit vs Scene vs Room

I mistakenly added "Living Room" to RM1 under "Units", and cannot figure out how to remove it.

Just delete the verbiage, save and upload the updated config to your panel.

Since RM1 is Unit 001 - when I reference it all my lights turn on, however in UPSTART unit 001 is my living room fixture, how do I correct ?

In PCA is Unit 001 configured as HLC or UPB?

If HLC move device to the #2 spot (delete the #1 spot)
or
change the setting to UPB. 

I do not know HLC here as my stuff is all configured as UPB and I am using SA, HAI and PCS UPB switches.

Try the above; you cannot break anything.

Ok, that's fixed - now within the Units Section - my theater room nodes/unit numbers doesn't match the unit numbers under "units" within PC Access.

Well you can change this with Upstart or change it with PCAcess.

1 - Upstart ==> change unit number to match PC Access
2 - PCAccess ==> move the unit number name so it matches what you see in Upstart.

No you do not change the unit numbers in PCA.  You just make the Upstart device number be the same as the PCA Unit number.

Here is Unit ID 64 in Upstart

Here is Unit 64 in PCA

wheniam64.jpg

1 - Omni LTe
2 - UPB all HAI - 6 Dimmers - switches - 16 right now - 4 in theater room the other scattered about the house.
3 - 2 HAI Keypads 
4 - outputs - interior only
5 - 8 doors, and 4 motions - unknown
6 - Pre-Wired for 3 cameras

Personally I would try to add your HAI UPB switches in HLC mode to see how it works.  You can do this with a keypad or with PCA.

Try it.  You will not break your system.

Then try adding your your HAI UPB switches in UPB mode.  This is a two step process.  One in Upstart and one in PCA.  Start with Upstart on your 16 switches and do a page print of your 16 UPB devices from Upstart so you can utilize them in PCA.

What do you mean by: Add your HAI UPB Switches in HLC Mode ?

How do I do this, you mentioned doing in PCA, but do I need to configure it in Upstart first, per the last sentence ?

Lastly why/what would it change from a performance standpoint ?

pete_c said:
When I setup "Units" there's RM1, then RM1-2, since I don't have a room controller do I skip the 1 unit of each room blank and setup unit 2 etc ?

Initially I did then later on did not as I do not have room controllers.  I did update most of my UPB switches to multitoggle and dual load switches.

In the links the unit starts at 001, but the RM2 unit number would be 002, so in the automation programming do I reference the link units or room units ?

Links

How do I implement scenes ?

I implemented scenes with Upstart and reference them in PCA.

Hi I have been scouring the forums looking for some solutions to a couple strange issues I am having.  I believe? I accidentally programmed a switch over a couple of my RM positions, RM2 and RM4 (I have an OmniLTe).  All my reading says this shouldn’t be possible, it also seems I should be able to delete, save and write.  Then rename ie. OUTDOORS and write to rectify it.  The strange problem is the two I expect I wrote over I can no longer select house code format, enable all on, enable all off in PCA in units on setup.  RM1 and RM3 I can still select them from drop down the others are greyed out.

Second, I relocated a switch and one of the UPB dimmer switches beside the removed switch will randomly turn the light on very sporadically?

Thanks for your contributions, any help is much appreciated! 

You do not really get a detailed view of your configuration using PCA / Omni consoles / Omnitouch screens like you do with Upstart.

Personally my suggestion is purchase a second UPB controller or utilize your current controller connected to a computer with Upstart.

You will see the granularity of each switch's programming with Upstart which you do not see with PCA / Omni consoles.

pete_c said:
You do not really get a detailed view of your configuration using PCA / Omni consoles / Omnitouch screens like you do with Upstart.

Personally my suggestion is purchase a second UPB controller or utilize your current controller connected to a computer with Upstart.

You will see the granularity of each switch's programming with Upstart which you do not see with PCA / Omni consoles.

Thanks, I ordered a second PIM and the cable to PC.  I will start playing with Upstart, thanks again for the suggestion.

Back