SCSI adapter for laptop PC

I am in no hurry, my printers are working. One of them is connected to an old P III tower with Adaptec scsi adapter but I am looking to future proof the setup. I feel like that old tower can give up the ghost any minute now, it has to be 15 - 20 years old.

I am wishing that I had not upgraded my main laptop to Win10. One problem with it is that it is persistent in upgrading device drivers automatically. If you install an older driver to support an old device it replaces it with new each time it boots. I haven't learned to defeat the auto update except to call the IP adapter a metered connection which defeats ALL auto updates.

Yup here have Win10 installed on two computers and installed only for use with automation touch screen, kinect, Alexa and speech...

Wife's computer is configured as it is for her at work (Windows 7). 

Hello,

(this message in French at the end of it)

I have a Kodak DS 8650 Color Printer. I am looking for a driver for the installation.

I have a MacBook pro with OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6

On my MacBook pro I also have 2 virtual partitions: One with Windows 10 and the other with Windows XP.

I also have a PC with Windows 7, service pack 1.

Where can I find the drivers for my printer?

Thank you !

Denis
______

Bonjour,

J'ai une imprimante Kodak DS 8650 Color Printer.  Je suis à la recherche de driver pour l'installation.

J'ai un MacBook pro avec OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6

Sur mon MacBook pro j'ai également 2 partitions virtuelles : Une avec Windows 10 et l'autre avec Windows XP.

J'ai aussi un PC avec Windows 7, service pack 1.

Où puis-je trouver les drivers pour mon imprimante ?

Merci !

Denis

pete_c said:
Checking on your printer Kodak printer seeing specifications that the printer had parallel, SCSI and a network port. 

Does your printer have a parallel port? 

The Kodak Kiosk computers I have have two parallel ports but no SCSI cards or ports on them.

The KODAK PROFESSIONAL 8650 Raster Driver for WINDOWS Systems will allow almost any Windows-based application to print directly to the KODAK DIGITAL SCIENCE 8650 Color Printer via SCSI, Parallel or the Network connectivity options. This robust printer driver provides users with ease-of-use access and control over the sophisticated imaging features of the award-winning KODAK PROFESSIONAL Thermal Printers, including print layout control, package templates, Kodak color management, logo placement and more.

Printing from SCSI requires ASPI (Advanced SCSI Programmer's Interface), a layer of software that manages communication to and from peripheral SCSI devices. The raster driver requires installation of the latest version of ASPI, which is available from Adaptec Inc's Web site. See the Readme file for more information on how to install the latest version of ASPI.

attachicon.gif
kodak8650.jpg

Denis said:
Hello,

(this message in French at the end of it)

I have a Kodak DS 8650 Color Printer. I am looking for a driver for the installation.

I have a MacBook pro with OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6

On my MacBook pro I also have 2 virtual partitions: One with Windows 10 and the other with Windows XP.

I also have a PC with Windows 7, service pack 1.

Where can I find the drivers for my printer?

Thank you !

Denis
______

Bonjour,

J'ai une imprimante Kodak DS 8650 Color Printer.  Je suis à la recherche de driver pour l'installation.

J'ai un MacBook pro avec OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6

Sur mon MacBook pro j'ai également 2 partitions virtuelles : Une avec Windows 10 et l'autre avec Windows XP.

J'ai aussi un PC avec Windows 7, service pack 1.

Où puis-je trouver les drivers pour mon imprimante ?

Merci !

Denis
The problem with drivers for the Kodak 8650 is that they are 32 bit drivers that must run in a 32 bit machine.

After much research and trial and error I have two machines here that are printing to the same ds8650 kodak printer.

One is a 64 bit windows 7 machine with a scsi adapter installed in it.

Then I installed a windows XP virtual machine on top of windows 7 that has access to the scsi adapter.
I installed Photoshop in the virtual XPmachine  and print from photoshop using the kodak export module.
No small task.

The other machine is an old 32 bit IBM thinkpad with a scsi adapter in the pcmcia port. And again I am running windows XP on that with photoshop printing via the kodak export module.
The second is the easier way by far. get yourself and old windows xp machine and install the kodak export module.

Another way to go is to pprint ot through the LPT port but it is painfully slow.I have even experimented with the 10/100 ethernet adapter in the printer but again it is very slow. SCSI is gthe way to go.

I have no knowledge of using the printer on a MAC.

Mike.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the information, I'll do some testing.

I did some research with google but I cannot find the drivers for my Kodak DS 8650 printer.

Do you have a link where I can download them or would you be kind enough to email them to me at: (email hidden for user)

Thank you for your collaboration !

Denis

P.S .: I don't understand why I have the right to reply to messages on this forum only once a day, and often it doesn't work ...
mikefamig said:
Le problème avec les pilotes du Kodak 8650 est qu'il s'agit de pilotes 32 bits qui doivent s'exécuter sur une machine 32 bits.

Après de nombreuses recherches et essais et erreurs, j'ai ici deux machines qui impriment sur la même imprimante kodak ds8650.

L'un est une machine Windows 7 64 bits avec un adaptateur scsi installé.

Ensuite, j'ai installé une machine virtuelle Windows XP au-dessus de Windows 7 qui a accès à l'adaptateur scsi.
J'ai installé Photoshop dans la XPmachine virtuelle et j'imprime depuis Photoshop à l'aide du module d'exportation de kodak.
Pas de petite tâche.

L'autre machine est un vieux thinkpad IBM 32 bits avec un adaptateur scsi dans le port pcmcia. Et encore une fois, j'exécute Windows XP avec l'impression Photoshop via le module d'exportation de kodak.
Le second est de loin le moyen le plus simple. obtenez vous-même et l'ancienne machine windows xp et installez le module d'exportation kodak.

Une autre façon de procéder consiste à imprimer via le port LPT mais c'est extrêmement lent.J'ai même expérimenté l'adaptateur Ethernet 10/100 dans l'imprimante, mais encore une fois, c'est très lent. SCSI est la voie à suivre.

Je n'ai aucune connaissance de l'utilisation de l'imprimante sur un MAC.

Mike.

I will dig up the disk that came with the printer and get back to you here when I find it. I think that I can upload it to Microsoft One-drive for you. I believe that it has a driver to allow you to print from Windows applications via the LPT port and also an export module for use with photoshop.

Mike.

I have uploaded the Kodak CD to onedrive but I am not able to Private message the link to you because you are a new user here and I would rather not post the link here. How many messages must you post here to get access to the messaging system?

Mike.

Denis said:
Hello Mike,

Thanks for the information, I'll do some testing.

I did some research with google but I cannot find the drivers for my Kodak DS 8650 printer.

Do you have a link where I can download them or would you be kind enough to email them to me at: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your collaboration !

Denis

P.S .: I don't understand why I have the right to reply to messages on this forum only once a day, and often it doesn't work ...
I think is is post count. With more, more venues will open up. Get your email address off before the spam starts profusely.

I agree about the email address. I wouldn't post mine out here and I already have the address so feel free to edit it out of your post if you can.

Mike.

Back