Serial to learned IR codes

OK, Thanks guys.
Is there no one here with experience with the IRTrans? I'm interested in the IRTrans LAN Controller XL because it seems that they are more active in product development and the features seem slightly better than the Ocelot. (I have no intention of EVER using x10 again).

it's not a significant delay, just a slight one and noticeable to me compared to the jds.

i revisited this over the weekend and it is slower than i remembered. i loaded up cmax and sent IR from the gui. it took about 1/2 a second for the IR to come out of the ocelot. is that normal?

I have been using an Ocelot with my OPII for many years and it works OK.  I am doing some upgrades to my system and bringin Haiku Helper into the mix and have read through this thread along with others including http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/4473-hai-omni-ii-and-ir-control/page-2

Are there alternatives to the Ocelot that won't require quite so much learning of IR codes and such?  The iTach/GC100 products and HAI Home Theater Extender look interesting, but pricey.  For a one-off solution would investing in those be worth the programming time involved, or should I just stick with the Ocelot?

I am looking for simple functionality:  press pause on the DVR?  Room lights go on.  Telephone or doorbell rings?  DVR pause.  Forgot to turn off the Russound zones upstairs before settling to watch a movie?  Button on IR remote tells the OPII to turn them off.

Suggestions? 

Back