SH cracks me up

apostolakisl

Have you ever seen a company put a $200 item on sale for $198 and call it a "hot deal"?

http://www.smarthome.com/46267/Diode-LED-DI-0187-Fluid-View-16-Foot-Strip-Light-Kit-Warm-White/p.aspx

They do this all the time. Do they have some computer program or something that creates these sales based on some algorithm that no human being ever looks at?

LOL! Too Funny. I have seen a couple of times on Amazon, when something is on sale, that is a few dollars MORE than the "normal price".

There has to be a computer algorithm (or a really NON attentive person) behind it :)

Yeah - and the title of the email will be "up to 90% off!" but no matter how much you search you'll never see a deal anywhere near that.

LOL! Too Funny. I have seen a couple of times on Amazon, when something is on sale, that is a few dollars MORE than the "normal price".

There has to be a computer algorithm (or a really NON attentive person) behind it :)

It wouldn't be the first time they have posted an ad with inaccurate information in it. I still get their email to one of my junk email accounts. I mostly just delete them. If I really need something and they are the only choice I might go to their site but I try to avoid SH at all costs.

Read the offerers carefully.
One recent one I got. Offered a $20 coupon on your next order. Being sent to you with the an order placed now. It expired in like three weeks and I believe another $200 order.

Someone, recently tried to use the Free Shipping. Mentioned on the sales page for a >$200 order and found out the rules where changed to Commercial addresses only and they where going to have to pay shipping.

Now when you go to the sales site and you get a pop up to sign up for their Newsletters.
Gee I thought X10 was the one doing such things.

I happened to be in Irvine for business a while back and thought I'd swing into their retail store while I was in town... what a joke.

1) The woman running the register completely ignored me the entire time I was in there - not even a basic acknowledgement like "hello."
2) The store seems to split their office off from their conference room, so I got to hear some guy on a speakerphone conference call, who glared out the door at me the entire time I wandered around.
3) The availability of items was disappointing... I realize you can't possibly have every product on the shelf, but it was sparse.

I walked out without purchasing anything, even though I could have picked up a couple things for IR control while I was in there. Before I happened to go in, SH was an option (albeit the last one) if I needed something. Now, I won't buy anything from them at all. You'd think they would realize that HA is a niche market and they would want to actively protect/court their customer base, but what do I know...

If you watch their catalogs over the last few years, it seems they've moved more and more away from normal home automation to just selling normal gizmos and gadgets, along with of course their own Insteon. I don't take them seriously for home automation at all (which is why I won't trust Insteon either).

I like the fact that they sell the indoor dog pee pee mat (wont go any further).

But they do sell T-Shirts and aquariums (I think they dropped the aquariums though). Not sure if they are trying to compete with Skymall or some of the other gadget catalog companies selling overpriced toys.

Not to just continue the SH bashing, but because it's them and keeping Insteon proprietary is the reason I won't even consider it when I do my lighting.

Back