Smart home project using RPI's

linuxha said:
Next month I'll be doing a Smart Home presentation at TCF (March 19th, Ewing Township, NJ) where I expect to have MQTT, Misterhouse (Perl), various scripts and Node-Red running on the Raspberry Pi. And if I can get the Cell phone bridge working I may also have access to my SmartThings setup at my home. I still have a lot of work to make this all work on the road.
Wow, Trenton still runs?  I haven't been there in many years.  Neat!

Yes, TCF still runs but the junk yard is tiny. At least it's not some's garage sale. Last year it was mostly ham radio stuff and a couple of Arduino type vendors. Wish they could convince more of the maker community to drop in. I think that would be cool.

There are lots of interesting presentations. The schedule is up and there are at least 2 other presentations I'd like to see while mine is running. Dang, wish they'd record the sessions. That might be a bit much though.

Definitely a lot of interesting things happening at TCF.  Unfortunately, I can't make it this year.  I have a wedding to attend. It just seems as though every year I have a conflict with  TCF dates.  It never fails.

A mini maker faire would be a really cool addition to TCF.  But keep in mind that the East Coast World Maker Faire will be held in New York City on October 1st and 2nd.

Just after I sent that I received and email from Dr. Al Katz and Lenny Libes (Don's son). They have added more maker stuff. Very cool. I hope to start seeing conferences on maker stuff in the near future. I'm not sure I saw that at the Maker Faire.

Back