Smartthings Questions

Experimenting is fun....

Hubitat has great ZigBee compatibility with a large range of devices and more added all the time.  The HS plugin for Hubitat is growing and expanding and I can't keep up with the devices.  The team did a great job integrating Lutron integration as well.

For someone new to Home Automation I think Hubitat might soon be a good system for that.  It is still rough around the edge of User Experience and interface but it's getting better.  At the moment I would still say it's more of a geek friendly system than a consumer system.. just my opinion.  I do see this changing and the team is working on making it more friendly and their goal is consumer market.  It just takes time...

jeubanks said:
The team did a great job integrating Lutron integration as well.

Did they finally add the ability to populate from the main repeater instead of manually?  Initially you had to add them individually and, well, eff that, I've got too many to make that worth the hassle. 

Homeseer's plug-in does it automagically, and allows for subsequent re-imports to integrate any new devices or changes.  It's nicely done.

wkearney99 said:
Did they finally add the ability to populate from the main repeater instead of manually?  Initially you had to add them individually and, well, eff that, I've got too many to make that worth the hassle. 

Homeseer's plug-in does it automagically, and allows for subsequent re-imports to integrate any new devices or changes.  It's nicely done.

I'm actually not sure... The last time I was messing with this was just to add in a couple Pico's for testing with the HS plugin so I didn't even check for a mass import or anything.... I think it also differs on whether you're connecting to an RA2 system or Caseta Pro.

Here recently have shut off / disabled the Smartthings Hub (was tinkering with 1 then 2 then 3). 

I purchased a Hubitat Elevation device and have only begun to configure it.  Priced about the same price or a tad higher than your average Android / Arm based TV box.  These are flooding the market here today and mostly being used as KODI boxes.

I noticed too that it was or came from an ARM based TV Box and is the same size as the TV Boxes that I have been playing with.

Specifically here tinkering with an S912 Octocore CPU 3 Gb of RAM 64Gb eMMC TV box for automation. 
Automation software running on one test box is: (most relating to MQTT)

1 - Homeseer
2 - Home Assistant

Recently have purchased an Intel based TV Box (which has a slow GPU and not practical for 4K TV).  I like that it comes stock with 4Gb of DDR3 RAM and a 64Gb eMMC.  It came with Windows 10 which I have not deleted but not using here.  Rather here built it as an Ubuntu Server and using WIndows 7 embedded for those windows things required.  I have added an LMS server to the above mentioned automation programs and it is running fine these days.

Present on the newer micro Intel TV boxes is the ability to add an SSD drive for making it a micro NAS. 

Back