Suggestion: Cocoon of the the Week

Well I understand the concern but I also have had threads go way off topic and I would hate to see this happen to these specific threads.

John

Anyways, BSR's point was that we can delete any offending posts in these threads if needed. It looks like the forum sofware won't allow me to allow users to delete posts in their own threads anyways, sorry.

jwilson56 said:
Well I understand the concern but I also have had threads go way off topic and I would hate to see this happen to these specific threads.

John
John:

I understand your concern. I have had to catch myself at times and have created a new thread so I don't get the current one off track.

Electron and I have done this in the past and if you or anyone else feel a thread is getting off track please send us a PM and we will open a new thread and help get the topic back on subject.

I don't think anyone does this intentionally (get off track), just that many times a member will see a post/comment/problem/solution and it will spark a comment or problem he is thinking about at the time. If a post has many replies a user may never even see the original post/topic (they may just scroll down to the last few threads).

I do understand though that contributing members put a lot of time and energy into creating informative posts so we do see the need for respectfully keeping their post on-topic. Hopefully the solution we are offering will be adequate!

Thanks,

BSR

Another work around: Have a link to a "discussion thread" posted at the end of the original post, and lock the original.

I was about to post the same suggestion... have the original thread locked to all but the author and have a link to a discussion thread.

Also is there any chance that the creator of a thread could delete his own messages so we can keep things cleaned up and up to date?

John

Aaaarrrgh. 'tis a riddle...
costumed-smiley-056.gif

Back