System Sensor i4 interface with Omni IIe

zinger084

I'm having trouble setting this up. I have three system sensor smoke and carbon monoxide sensors in series. I have my end of line resistor installed at the last detector. My interface panel lights are operating in "normal". I think my detectors and interface panel are worked correctly.

So.. How should this be interfaced with the Omni? My interface panel is powered from my 12v switched line. I have a smoke input and separate CO input on zone 1 and 2 with positive and negative both hooked up. When I check console, I see zone 1 and 2 not ready.

Can someone help?

do you have 2W or 4W units?

The module is viewed as the panel as a 4 wire fire loop. Verify the EOLR's. You install the ones for the module on the loop and install the panel ones at the module. From there, you'd determine how you're triggering the tandem ring, either via trigger or sampled bell.

I have 2-wire. I just did the easy walk test and everything is good. I manually tested the detectors too. All good. Last detector has 3.9kohm.

Interface has 1kohm on both smoke and fire as instructed.

Power wiring comes from switched 12v on omni.

The co and smoke outs from the interface are wired to zone 1 and zone 2 (both positive and negatives). Not sure how they should be configured (wiring arrangement/zone type/etc...

Verify the jumpers as set to SMK.

Fire would be programmed as fire. I'd be on the fence about the programming for the CO. I don't feel gas is appropriate personally due to the CID event code if the system is monitored, however it's the best you're probably going to get on the HAI.

You'd need to program 2 outputs for COSMO to trigger, one on FA and one on CO.

DEL, if i was to ask you how to wire it from the COSMO to the Omni IIe, how would you respond?

I'm currently wired as such:

COSMO power is from my switched ground within the Omni.

Both COSMO smoke alarm contacts go to zone 1 on Omni.

Both COSMO CO alarm contacts go to zone 2 on Omni.

My console when both are set as Fire say "not ready" on both zones.

I actually got this working on Saturday.

I wired the COSMO Smoke Alarm contacts to zone 5.

I wired the COSMO Gas Alarm contacts to zone 6.

They are each setup as fire and gas within Omni respectively.

The problem was actually that the smoke jumpers were set on smoke and this DIDN"T allow correct communication.

I thought about moving jumpers back to "normal" but for now, I just left them on zone 5 and 6.

So... for clarity to others, I'm wired between the COSMO interface and the OMNI IIe as follows:

-12V switchable power out from Omni goes to 12V power on COSMO interface.
-Smoke alarm out on COSMO goes into Omni zone 5 (configured as fire).
-Gas alarm our on COSMO goes into Omni zone 6 (configured as gas).

Back