UPB Automation Programming

On a somewhat related note, you mentioned you bought a switch from each of the manufacturer's. I was curious what your impressions were of the look and feel of the switches overall was.

I just got a HAI switch and am looking to compare it to the Pulseworx switches.

I was curious what your impressions were of the look and feel of the switches overall was.

I just got a HAI switch and am looking to compare it to the Pulseworx switches.

I own SAI and PCS and find the fit and feel of both switches about equal - very good.

I do not own, but have played with, Web Mountain and HAI switches as well. I rank Web Mountain up there with SAI and PCS (aren't they manufactured by SAI?), but personally felt that the HAI paddles felt a bit "mushy". They were definitely my least favorite.

fwiw, after playing with the three brands for a few days, hai is my least favorite...too mushy as others have stated. pcs and sai are close...pcs seems a bit easier to program than sai (could be a "programmer issue") but i like the "plug and play" aspect of sai for switching out controller face plates.

ordered the second pim today. gonna get the upstart programming done first then turn to integrating the PIR's. too many moving pieces for me to integrate both at the same time.

new pim is in and am stumped with a programming issue. what i want to do is have a single tap (on or off) turn on or off only that light. double tap (on or off) actives the link (on or off). what i keep getting is that a single tap activtes the link. can i do what i am looking for? if so, where do change the setting for this?

btw, i have gone to the "switch rocker editor" where different choices are available for both the top and bottom rockers but i can't fine an option that suits my needs.

new pim is in and am stumped with a programming issue. what i want to do is have a single tap (on or off) turn on or off only that light. double tap (on or off) actives the link (on or off). what i keep getting is that a single tap activtes the link. can i do what i am looking for? if so, where do change the setting for this?

btw, i have gone to the "switch rocker editor" where different choices are available for both the top and bottom rockers but i can't fine an option that suits my needs.

You may need to use both the transmit tab and the rocker switch tabs to do two different things. I don't quite understand exactly what you are tying to do?

The rocker switch tab is for control of the local load only. If you want to control a link you will need to setup a link in the transmit tab and assign it to the switch and also to the device you are contorling.

What switch are you trying to program?

Dave

You may need to use both the transmit tab and the rocker switch tabs to do two different things. I don't quite understand exactly what you are tying to do?

The rocker switch tab is for control of the local load only. If you want to control a link you will need to setup a link in the transmit tab and assign it to the switch and also to the device you are contorling.

What switch are you trying to program?

Dave

got it! went to transmit components tab, set rocker mode to "Custom Rocker". then "No Command" for single tap, "Snap On" for double tap. onward and upward.

added another upb switch to my masterbath...Her Closet. it works fine. upstart sees it, links work properly and it shows up in elkrp. then i added a pir to the masterbath so that motion will turn on all lights.

elkmbathrule2.png

this rule works fine except for two issues that i am looking for help on:

1) each light comes on sequentially and it occurs slooooowwwwwly. how can i get the light to come on more quickly? as quickly as the they do with a link from upstart would be fine.

2) Her Closet will not turn on. when login to elk m1 via xep, i can see Her Closet but it will not turn on when i toggle the on/off switch. this is odd because all three other lights work fine via elk screen...it just Her Closet that doesn't work. how can i troubleshoot this?

edit: i removed all upb devices then reinstalled them all. now all lights come on. but they still come on slowly. seems that they come on in the in order listed in elkrp rule, but the next light only comes on after the prior one has gotten to 100% and they are not "Snap" as when they come on via upb linc. is there an elk setting that needs to be adjusted for them to come on quickly?

Back