UPB Issues

nov0798

Recently I installed 2 UPB lamp modules. Everything has been going well, until the last week. For some reason when I try to control the UPB modules via the ELK, I can turn them on and off with no problem, but when I plug a load in, the instantly go to on, and wont turn off. They attempt to turn off, and then turn right back on. Any ideas why this is happening?

Recently I installed 2 UPB lamp modules. Everything has been going well, until the last week. For some reason when I try to control the UPB modules via the ELK, I can turn them on and off with no problem, but when I plug a load in, the instantly go to on, and wont turn off. They attempt to turn off, and then turn right back on. Any ideas why this is happening?

You dont say much about which lamp modules or what kind of load, but I wont let that stop me from posting a reply ;) The SA lamp modules I have have an option for "local control" or something like that. This let you turn the load on using it's own switch (like a pull chain on a lamp). It doesnt provide for a way to shut off the lamp though. While this doesnt exactly match what you describe you might check for this option in upstart and try disabling it. Also, I have a couple of PCS fixture mount modules that had a lot of trouble controlling florescent lights. Are your loads florescent? Does the module work properly with an incandescent load?

What type of bulbs are you using?

They are lamp modules from SA, and they have been working fine for awhile now. Recently re-enrolled them using upstart. The load is a flourescent lamp bulb, but that sholdnt be an issue since Im simply using it as on/off, no dimming.

The SA lamp modules I have have an option for "local control" or something like that. This let you turn the load on using it's own switch (like a pull chain on a lamp). It doesnt provide for a way to shut off the lamp though

I think I remember seeing this, Ill have to check and see whats its status is.

The load is a flourescent lamp bulb, but that sholdnt be an issue since Im simply using it as on/off, no dimming.

If your dimming or not makes no difference. What makes a difference is if the light causes interference noise when its turned on. Put in an incandescent bulb and does it still not work? If you want to use compact fluorescent, fine, but try a different brand. Not many interfere but some do. Or install a UPB filter between the light and module.

But as Ive stated, the current lights have been working fine for some time now, nothing has changed other than me re-enrolling the devices using upstart. I also changed the network ID, but already changed that in my elk. I also use one to control an air cleaner, and it does the same exact thing.

Back