UPB restart?

Here originally started with a hodgepodge of HAI, PCS and SA switches.  Now all of them are SA mixed switches (multiple toggles, dual loads and single toggle switches).  The lighting is identical here with a double tap being instant on and a single tap is a ramp to 30% or so.

The double tap is fast to me.  I do not really notice any delays.  The UPB Switches are around 3 or so years old as I replaced all of the automated switches due to an electrical debacle.   I downsized the switch footprint a bit here using multiple toggle paddle switches.

I finally managed to get a version 2.0 UPB (SA 140) switch installed in my house and the UPStart offered a choice of delays from 300-750ms.  The 300ms delay works really well.  What used to be  a show stopper for UPB seems to be now solved...though interestingly with echo dot's in the house I find I'm using most of the switches less and less and using voice control.  (FWIW echo dot's are great when used with homeseer).

pete_c said:
Thinking too that the Amazon Dots are on sale now for $29.99. 

Where do you find the Dots on sale for $29.99?  The 2nd gen version shows $49.99 for me.

JonW said:
Where do you find the Dots on sale for $29.99?  The 2nd gen version shows $49.99 for me.
I'm not sure today, but wait just a few days and everyone, I mean everyone has them for $29.99  Home Depot, Lowes, Whole Foods, Amazon, etc.  Buy all you need because they will probably go back up after.

Target has them in their ad as a door buster. Not sure if it is a gen 2 or original. Im liking a bunch of features on the google devices where it recognizes who you are. Thats a big benefit. Also one of the things I wish the echo had along with the ha bridge is to know what room its in. So you say turn the lights on or lights on in here and it knew where it was.

heffneil said:
Target has them in their ad as a door buster. Not sure if it is a gen 2 or original. Im liking a bunch of features on the google devices where it recognizes who you are. Thats a big benefit. Also one of the things I wish the echo had along with the ha bridge is to know what room its in. So you say turn the lights on or lights on in here and it knew where it was.
An Echo can recognize you as well. You just need to turn the feature it on. Check in the Alexa app.

Where do you find the Dots on sale for $29.99?

Thinking it was a couple of weeks ago on Amazon / Deal News...

Googling only see this

Amazon Echo Dot Speaker
The Echo Dot, which comes in black or white, will be available for $29.99 at Staples, far below the $50 it normally goes for.

Back