Haiku Using Amazon Alexa devices (Echo, Dot, Tap, etc.) with HAI

No it doesn't find it.  I thought you said something about restarting the web app so I did that but it still didn't work.  Do I have to use the Load or Go in the configurator page? I've searched 3 times at least now.

and does your new device show up on the configurator page? What happens if you click test next to the On URL?

Yes I even have two now - I was working in my office and I setup another page for my family room I am sitting in with the latop.  The on and off URL's work perfecly and the configurator.html page lists the devices.

47d03316-ef89-4686-b76b-3ffc45ac8ae1

Study Lights

switch

ON OFF Edit Delete

6f9cbc82-600f-4860-a663-ec79d48948e6

Family Room

switch

I had a problem getting the Echo to find the bridge for Device Discovery. I found that the only way it would work was when I had no intervening ethernet bridges between the mac running the bridge and the subnet that the Echo is on. I know this sounds strange and I was never able to explain it but once I got the Echo to "learn" the devices for the bridge, it didn't matter how the bridge was connected to the subnet. I have no idea if this is why you can't "discover" the bridge from the Echo but I suppose it is possible.

Yeah I am not sure how to handle this the Echo is on the wireless and the mac mini running HH is of the same switch as the wireless AP.  I did some more research and found something about UDP port 1900 and if it is blocked the devices can't be found.  I am now trying to find out if my mac mini has this port blocked somehow?

Just for the heck of it, try connecting the Mini to the wireless ssid that the Echo is on.Then go to the Alexa app, Smarthome and try Discover devices.

The switch isn't and we are all on the same "internal" network so I don't know how the router would block it?  I did find this from another forum:

"To answer my own questions. 

I ended up removing the jar file. Downloaded 3.1.0 jar. 
And the zip file. Extracted the zip file to  C folder named it echobridge. Then I put the jar file there too. After that I doubled click the jar file. Went to webrowse checked typed in the pc ip address ip:8080. Everything looks good. From that point I check the two lower boxes. Didn't change anything on the upnp ip. I searched for devices on the harmony hub. Found the hue bridge. Hit next and it all loaded up good. Then I added device's. Everything is working."

Back