VRC0P +3 returns '<X001'

jwa1d62

Hi folks -

I have a Leviton VRC0P +3 running $Leviton(C) 2008 V2.33S/Z-Wave 3.11

Intermittently, the device returns <X001 when querying/commanding my KwikSet deadbolt. Sometimes it will straighten itself out after a while of no activity, and usually goes away if I recycle power. I say 'sometimes' and 'usually' because I have yet to discover a pattern/cause or a 100% fix...

Anyone seen this behavior ? Ideas ?

The docs say a non '000' is an RF transmission error, but nothing beyond that.

-Jim

From Leviton Support:

“X001” means that the VRC0P did not receive the acknowledgement from the lock when routing to it.

From Leviton Support:

“X001” means that the VRC0P did not receive the acknowledgement from the lock when routing to it.

Your VRCOP needs to be closer to the door lock. You may have a metal clad door that may or may not be interfering with the RF transmissions.

Move it closer or buy one of the few z-wave devices (I think there are only a few) that can extend the range of z-wave secure packets. Leviton is releasing a new lamp module that will do this.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I estimate the distance between the VRC0P +3 and lock to be about 30 feet, but not line-of-site.

May try one of these as a repeater, located between the two: http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/product_info.php?cPath=564_568&products_id=3459

I have my VRC0P +3 in the attic and my lock is on the first floor. I have two story house and it works just fine.

I have my VRC0P +3 in the attic and my lock is on the firs floor. I have two story house and it works just fine.
I forgot to mention that I do not have any z-wave devices that support beaming with the exception of VRC0P +3. I have total of 16 devices.

Back