Premise Waiting for respionse... Interent Explorer

Motorola Premise

samgreco

So I had to upgrade my server and built a Windows 7 x64 system. And of course, Premise is acting up.

I did a fresh install (which was incredibly problematic, but finally installed) and restored my previous systems backup. On first load of the browser anytime it's started, it takes FOREVER to get a page load to finish. The main page shows up, but if I enable the status bar, it shows "Waiting for response from...."

And it will wait forever. Can't click on anything. Just sits there. BUT if I stop it (red-x) everything works properly going forward. Even going back to the main page. Argh.

Sounds similar to the problem Shinyshoes had here.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm... On which PC are you trying to load the webpage? Are you using IE 32-bit and not IE 64-bit? Did you try deleting sysconnector.dll and then letting it reinstall? (see a path similar to: C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files) Firewall issue? I'm sure all of these are covered in the other thread, but just in case.

Both client and server PCs.
Both on Win 7 x64.
Both 32-bit and 64-bit.
Yes. Deleted sysconnector.dll.
Disabled both firewalls. One at a time and then both.

This one really has me scratching my head. On my old Vista machine it worked perfectly. I imported this backup (backup to client) into Premise and have been having this issue since.

Near as I can tell it is trying to load something and can't do it. But it doesn't time out, just keeps spinning the circle. As soon as I click the stop page load button. It behaves correctly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. But never had a good clean install or uninstall. But for now it's functioning well expect for the first page load attempt.

Are there some gif files or something that you did not copy over?

Does the SYS server lock up after you reboot? (it will do this if you have an unsupported ascii character in any of your scripts or the associated XML files)

Do you have any objects or classes that have a name beginning with a digit?

Please keep us posted as I plan to switch to Windows 8 when I build my next PC.

Forgot to mention, navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Premise\SYS\bin

For each exe, try telling windows to run it in compatibility mode. I've never had to try this though...

Also, does minibrowser work or is it just the automationbrowser that's messing up?

Attachments

• compatibility mode.jpg
    compatibility mode.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1
Are there some gif files or something that you did not copy over?

You sir, are awesome. Somehow, one of my image pointers in my custom theme was pointing to a network share that no longer exists. ONE! Had I realized that the missing background image I wasn't seeing was causing it.... Oy.

So there is the lesson. Pay attention :)

If you still lived nearby, there'd be at least a six-pack on your step :)

Who knew all I had to do was give 10 suggestions and one of them would work!?! I'm really surprised that Premise's web server isn't more robust than that and almost didn't post that as a suggestion as it seemed so unlikely. The sysconnector thingy has always been a mystery to me though.

Back