Wall Wart continuity between hot and neutral

Here over the years and do not know if this worked switched all of my 24VAC transformers to the 3 terminal ELK VAC transformers with a ground terminal. 

1 - OmniPro 2
2 - HVAC HAI 29A00-1 Isolation module.
3 - irrigation system relay power

elktransformer.jpg

One lightning strike a few years back took out my irrigation controllers such that I added more lightning protection in the midwest.

In FL had major lightning issues with my Irrigation controller such that I went to just replacing the fuse on the Rainbird box 1-2 times a year and didn't do any further automation with irrigation.  Home was at sea level mostly on sand built elevated per FEMA rules at the time.

Yeah that is what I was /am using.  The only exception is my cabinet with 2 expansion enclosures and some other devices requiring power i put an altronix to power them

Wow that is interesting...

Did have to check out a commercial point of presence in Fort Lauderdale (for Miami) once a few years back for a company called ImpSAT which turned in to Global Crossing. I had already been at the Impsat HQ in Argentina and listened and watched their song and dance (wasn't really too impressive).   I wanted to see it mostly hurricane proof.  The building was not metal though and it was not new and they did not spend much money on it other than a coat of paint which was sort of mickey mouse and at the time gave them a thumbs down for use.

Back