Haiku Weather not available

js19707 said:
Worth noting that the weather functionality has been consistently working for me in Space these many months.  I'm curious how the Space and Haiku implementations differ, given that Haiku has been consistently broken over this same period.

We're using different service end points for the apps.

There is an update for Haiku coming that will fix this issue.

Do you believe that this issue has been resolved?  I checked the setting on my omni pro II and the lat/long appear to be correct, but I consistently get really odd weather forecasts.

Yes, it has been resolved.

Haiku/Space does not use the lat/long values. The location is set in the controller settings in the app.

Have noticed that my weather banner is regularly not correct.  In the case today, temperature is approximately 20 degrees warmer on the banner than actual.  I have double checked that lat/long in PC Access as well as confirmed in Haiku.  Both are relatively accurate as PCA only allows accuracy to the nearest degree.  Any suggestions on how to correct?

I have noticed the same thing with weather not correct.  Space uses the zip code that is entered into the controller settings in the app.   This is generally correct for macro weather, but will not give good micro climate weather.   Especially when the weather is changing quickly.

It would be nice if they could tie into external humidity/temp sensors if your system has them.  (mine does)

I have a temp/humidity sensor that I have yet to install.  Need to run some Cat5.  Anyway if Haiku is getting its feed from Weather Underground, which I believe it is then it should not be that far off.  I even considered that there might be a built in delay, however my system was showing a much warmer temp than actual and any delay would have shown it to be cooler.  

Any chance I can get a moderator or Null River guy to comment on this?  I am on Version 3.104 which was supposed to have addressed this issue about inaccurate weather.

I also see grossly inaccurate weather information in Haiku. I actually took a screenshot of Haiku and a picture of my Carrier Infinity thermostat a few weeks ago when Haiku was reporting the current temp as 55 degrees, and the actual temp outside was 37 degrees. I don't remember when it started being so wildly inaccurate, but it hasn't been working correctly for quite a while now. I'm wondering if the problem may be related to a refresh issue, because often times I'll see different current temps on the various iDevices I have running Haiku. In one case, an iPhone and an iPad were showing different current temps, but after shutting down both instances of Haiku and re-running the app, they came up with the same temp. I'm running 3.104 on all my devices.

Not getting any sufficient answers from the software maker, NullRiver.  I have downloaded Weather Underground on my iPhone and have continually compared all weather locations in my vicinity.  All the WU locations are fairly consistent, but HAIKU is dramatically off.  This is clearly an HK issue.  It is simp;y a feed from a national source.   It should be identical.  I find it interesting and frustrating that this is such an issue.  There are better/simpler apps that don't have this problem/  I am concerned that they are more concerned about SPACE than HAIKU.  The reviews of SPACE are less than desirable, and I have no intention of investing in an inferior product.  Such a waste!!!  HAIKU - Step up and acknowledge/fix this!!! 

Back