What is wrong with CQC?

Yup; iRule is advertised as a cloud based "Utlimate Remote control for iOS and Android devices".

Today many folks understand or assume or are lead to believing that remote control is automation.  

I do see the complexities of true home automation are difficult today for many to understand when it goes beyond the cell phone or smart home hub.

It is a an easy sell for those tethered to their smart phones.

Many years ago the attraction to AOL (America On line) was the eye candy presented for a simple data modem connection.

It is apples to oranges comparison. 

Thinking this has been mentioned a few times already. 

Why even bother now with a touch remote control (become old now in just a couple of years)  as you can utilize the Amazon Echo and family taking automation now to the beginning of AI and now utilize VR/TTS in the cloud.

There are limits to what voice based interactions can convey in a reasonable time. A graphical touch screen allows for a very dense and high throughput 'conversation' to occur, and it provides continuous feedback on what is happening, which voice queues cannot really realistically do. You can see current weather conditions in a flash on a touch screen, while it would take a couple minutes to read it all out to you. Or try to peruse your media database via voice interaction. That would get old quickly. It's also a private conversation, not one that bothers everyone else nearby.  

So I don't see the touch screen going away. 

Understood Dean. 

I see the the touch screen evolving to something like a Google Glass (eventually to Google contact lenses) or holographic virtual display using gesturing instead of touch. 

TTS/VR just an AI omnipresence in the home or cell phone.  Well eventually probably using a neural pathway for communications to it.

Back