Wire for future power blinds

sau said:
Just haven't gotten around to it.

Heh, that pile of round tuits is getting pretty big, eh?  Mine also.

sau said:
...vendor lock in is aggravating.

True, but I think that holds true for just about all manufacturer of window treatment products.  Don't see that changing anytime soon though.  But at least the initial entry prices are seeing some competition.  At some points it's cheaper to rip out a set of broken ones and switch to a competitors models instead.  With tablet/phone/integration options it's becoming less trouble to make the switch.

wkearney99 said:
True, but I think that holds true for just about all manufacturer of window treatment products.  Don't see that changing anytime soon though.  But at least the initial entry prices are seeing some competition.  At some points it's cheaper to rip out a set of broken ones and switch to a competitors models instead.  With tablet/phone/integration options it's becoming less trouble to make the switch.

I look forward to increased competition!  :)

I seem to have similar issues as I get older.  Unfortunately, I'm well past my warranty date too  :D
sau said:
The symptoms would start out mild and then to eventual failure.  The symptoms would progress as follows:
- stopping early or overshooting
- losing their memory set points (middle button for favorite position)
- completely overshooting their bounds requiring a reset and reconfigure
- failing to raise or lower and only going up 0.25" at a time
- eventually they would fail to even operate

Back