Looking for blood pressure monitor

martinsmith

Hello,
I am having regular hypertnsion problems. While I was searching for a blood pressure monitor I found reviews of Omron HEM-790IT. The features of the gadgets looks promising. Has anybody used this earlier? I am looking for features like alerts on hypertension and irregular heartbeat.
Looking for suggestions from users of such blood pressure monitor gadgets

I have one like that without the USB interface. From my own research I determined Omron was the best product to get. I even brought it in to my doctors office and had it checked against their machines and it matched perfectly.

It's very easy to use and you can have the readings averaged (takes the average of three measurements). You can also locally store the readings for two different users. The cuff was VERY easy to put on and remove. Instructions as to where exactly to place it were perfect. Important to note your arm's diameter and choose if you need the larger size. I believe this one supported larger arm diameters (but it's been a while so don't quote me on that statement).

FWIW, I had high blood pressure while in doctor's offices (I HATE doctors and blood pressure showed it). Anyway, I knew my blood pressure was fine outside of a doctor's office and getting this device proved it.

(I also found out this 'condition' is called "white coat", but only one doctor here had the brains to figure it out. All the others wanted me on blood pressure medicine.) :)

not omron, but has an irregular heartbeat feature. sale ends in 14 hours. not sure how good it is for $20

http://www.1saleaday.com/

Features include:

* One-Touch Auto Inflate Cuff, Controlled Deflation, Personal Alert Level, Automatic Operation, Measurements for Pulse Rate from 30-160 beats/min., Shockable Heart Rhythm Guide, Flashing High Blood Pressure Alert, 120-Memory Recall
* Displays Systolic Pressure, Time, Pulse, Diastolic Pressure, Average of All Readings, Date
* Large, Easy-to-Read Numbers
* Sleek, contemporary design, with lighted display.
* Computer download capability. USB cable included.
* Personal target settings; numbers flash when target ranges are exceeded. Irregular heartbeat detection.
* Dual 60-time memory sorts readings by AM and PM (morning and evening). Alerts for exceeding personal targets or irregular heartbeat are saved in memory for each individual reading. Each memory bank provides date, time and average.

Package includes: Prevention DS-2200PV, Large-Sized Cuff, Instructions, Wrist Cuff, AC Adaptor, Storage Case, Reference Guide, USB Cable, Wellness Tracking Chart & Lifetime warranty

Back