Update Database Error from RP 2.0.4 to 2.0.6

robolo

Tried to update the ElkRP2 from 2.0.4 to current 2.0.6 version. Install went smoothly. When trying to open my acccount for the first time after upgrade I get a message saying the controls database is out of date..would I like to upgrade?... click yes....get the following message.... "Update Database error - Unable to open the temporary database, possibly because there was a disk drive error". The database is on a network shared drive and I am running ElkRP2 locally. On a Windows 7 32-bit system.

I'm not sure the exact issue, but I know most people who use a different computer are able to get it working.

Thanks for the reply....Spent the last 24 hours trying to figure this one out. After perusing these forums (just found them and they are great!) I picked up a couple of ideas. Turns out, for whatever reason, the controls database can't be read from the c:/document and settings/all users/application data/rp..... folder. I had to direct it to the controls database in the c:/program files/elk RP.... folder.... Although maybe I could have just moved the controls database from the latter to the former....

Just happy to have resolved for now! Was up all night with an M1XOVR that decided to disappear and not show up again :0\

Back