ELK-M1XRFEG (GE crystal wireless receiver) new capabilities

ddennerline

It appears that Elk has replaced the M1RF2G with M1XRFEG. Can anyone having direct knowledge of this new product comment on any differences or capabilities. Is the hardware different? Better sensitivity? I do see that it has no ground plane antennas.

I am not sure why Elk did not update the official documentation to support GE TX-XXX DesignLine transmitters (http://www.interlogix.com/resources/intrusion/909-3224_designline_bro_59346.pdf).

M1XRFEG does officially support new transmitters from Resolution Products (http://resolutionproducts.com/).

As a side issue, the Resolution Products driveway sensor looks interesting.

I spoke to Brad about the differences when I first saw it listed as a new device. He stated performance is the same.

The main differences are it'll support crystal and SAW transmitters, in addition to the "aftermarket" Secure wireless products (with Elk's blessing, even though they would've worked for the most part before)

My bad, I put the wrong manufacturer, Secure instead of Resolution Products.

Secure wireless makes an "aftermarket" receiver for Napco and Honeywell, I think a couple of additional manufacturers as well. Since it's not made by the manufacturer or an OEM based unit, as well as offering their own contacts and other devices, while it'll work and support the protocol, it's "aftermarket" in my eyes. I can't remember, but I believe Secure took over the OEM for DSC if I remember.

Resolution offers a couple of their products via OEM, specifically GE, however they make their own devices and simply communicate on the same protocol as the host panel or communications format to a compatible RF receiver.

Elk originally only offered support for the Caddx/GE 548 receiver and certain RF equipment and then built on from there, first with their own receiver, then the Honeywell, and later their own, which everyone is waiting for at the moment. A few of their firmware upgrades were written to support specific GE wireless devices, another integrator I speak to had them provide functionality for GE's billtraps, which was later released as a firmware with other items.

Back