1-Wire system

aj7360

Greetings....

I want to build a budget yet decent quality weather station. After several days worth of Googling, I have come to the conclusion that only the Davis stuff is very reliable. However it is also relatively expensive. And besides... where's the fun of installing a Davis?

So I leaning heavily towards a 1-wire system.

I think that will give me the option of adding sensors as I feel like it. Plus it looks like it will be fun to put together, install, etc...

Initially all I want is Temp, humidity and a rain gage, then probably add barometer and anemometer later.

Obviously I'll need:

HTS3-R1-A -- Humidity/Temp/Solar
RG1-R1-A -- Rain Gauge w/Counter
1-wire Serial Adapter

cases for above
wire/connectors
some way to display on PC (Oww, etc..)

Here's why I am posting:

From what I can divine from the Hobby Board website, I can "daisy chain" the above sensors and not need any additional components or power??

Would a Power Injector and Universal Power adapter provide enough power to power all of the above plus barometer and anemometer if I add it later on?

Thanks!

AJ
Laurel, Maryland

AJ,

That sounds like a good start.

You can definitely daisy chain the Rain Gauge and Humidity/Temp/Solar with no external power, then add the Power Injector later when you add the Barometer and anemometer.

The Power Injector and AC Adapter provide enough power for as many of our device that you want to add to your network. Unless you start adding too many of our 8 Channel I/O devices.

Eric

Wow!!

That's what I call "Customer Service".... only 7 min response to a question on a Sunday!

Thank you very much.

AJ

Back