$100 MediaMVPs are externally controllable!

IVB

On an upnote that could potentially have a *huge* impact, someone on the SageTV forums showed me to you can remotely control the $100 MVP!

Whoa! I had no idea. I never touch the server, never bothered installing the webserver there until tonight. (i use it on the sagetvclient).

If beelzerob can find a way to control a $100 MVP via CQC, then this changes everything, and (in my mind) suddenly thrusts SageTV into a very very strong position vis-a-vis any other DVR package, including Vista. It would be simple to a handful of MVPs in a central location, and have truly zero equipment in a room for control.

Check it out. this is via the SageTV web server, but if he can figure out how to do this via native CQC widgets, then I think what you get for $700 just got noticeably noticeably better. No more $300 xBox360's.

sage-extender.JPG

:rolleyes: < (yawning)

I guess I should have told you about this sooner. :rolleyes:

It works well, and shouldn't require much if any effort from beelzerob. Do you just need it reformatted to fit into your interface available space?

Don't feel bad IVB, I missed this feature of the web server as well......

My Sage system is down, can anyone (IVB) please post a shot of the remote control screen? I am wondering if it is just text pull-down boxes or is it a GUI type button screen?

Oh I didn't mean to imply this was common knowledge. I just assumed he had already seen it and played with it as from our conversations it seems he has seen and played with everything, or at least everything in my knowledge. I just haven't setup my caffine IV yet.

On the net remote...

It's graphical, 30 gifs 30x26 representing the possible remote options.

It identifies clients by MAC address, nice to be able to lookup and match to human name. This may be possible once a client has been logged, I dunno.

Mine breaks though. :rolleyes: When I issue a command to my MVPs the command is sucessful however the page errors out complaining the local interface isn't running. ;) My Sage and CCTV boxes are headless, so normally no rendering of local interface load. :rolleyes:

This has probably been fixed long ago and I just haven't followed up on it. --- Errr while typing this it started working.

Big news to me is that it will stream recorded video to the client.... I think IVB and I need to do some file swapping, as the webserver appears to be totally open for hacking. So if you guys want a custom 600x600 interface or something it can probably be done for CQC/UMPC use. It streams across Windows TS, however pretty choppy. It uses VLC to stream so it's very likely you can transcode it to use less bandwidth.

Any HD hardware out there that acts as a stand alone unit? I think the MVP is SD only. I'd love to find something that does this in Sage in HD. If there is such a thing, I think I am making the swich to Sage.

The SageTV HD Extender is due out in Q3. It's a totally new product, not made by Hauppauge, so any predictions about controllability are premature.

I want to be able to use custom CQC widgets to control, such as this TV show screen. I could have 1 "play show" button for each MVP. I don't want to use the web server for control purposes.

popup_tvshow.jpg

Any HD hardware out there that acts as a stand alone unit? I think the MVP is SD only. I'd love to find something that does this in Sage in HD. If there is such a thing, I think I am making the swich to Sage.

I'm hoping any day now. :rolleyes:

Well, this is going well! The very first alpha drop of the new MVP control code has this in the debug logfile - that's the show I started on the MVP after loading up the new file!

Although crap, I just realized i'm going to have to run 3RG6 from the basement to the MBR for composite and analog audio distro as i'll be moving the MVP to the basement if it works. The evil downside of centralization - more damn wiring.

Wed 6/27 23:07:40.062 [[SageCQC]]: Setting new media file.
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.062 [[SageCQC]]: Title: Divine Design
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: Desc: Kitchen makeover.
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: IsLive: false
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: GetConfiguration: Initializing Config
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: PLM:play
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CTT:Divine Design
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.064 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CDU:1799838
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.064 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CTM:15
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.064 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CDE:Kitchen makeover.
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.564 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CTM:15
Wed 6/27 23:07:41.141 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CTM:16

Well, this is going well! The very first alpha drop of the new MVP control code has this in the debug logfile - that's the show I started on the MVP after loading up the new file!

Although crap, I just realized i'm going to have to run 3RG6 from the basement to the MBR for composite and analog audio distro as i'll be moving the MVP to the basement if it works. The evil downside of centralization - more damn wiring.

Wed 6/27 23:07:40.062 [[SageCQC]]: Setting new media file.
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.062 [[SageCQC]]: Title: Divine Design
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: Desc: Kitchen makeover.
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: IsLive: false
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: GetConfiguration: Initializing Config
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: PLM:play
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.063 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CTT:Divine Design
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.064 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CDU:1799838
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.064 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CTM:15
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.064 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CDE:Kitchen makeover.
Wed 6/27 23:07:40.564 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CTM:15
Wed 6/27 23:07:41.141 [[SageCQC]]: Sending data: CTM:16

Naw just use AV over Cat5, I think there is a pair left for IR even. :blink: You should probably run 2 or 3 anywhere you want HD in the future, should be any day now. :D

Back