19" Touch Screen Monitor $285 with free shipping.

corkypa

PacificGeeks has an open frame 19" touch screen monitor for $290 with free shipping. Mechanical specs are here. It has a serial EX-II touch screen controller from 3M, with drivers available for linux and many versions of windows from 3M.

You can buy it from Pacific Geeks directly, However, get an account at Jellyfish and go search for EFL-1902X (this link does that), and you will get an extra 1.5% back.

I've seen the free shipping come and go on this item. Shipping for one to Chicago was about $25, so it is nice to get the free shipping. If you sign up for PacificGeek's mailing list, you might well get a % off or $ off coupon you can apply.

Welcome to CT, great first post!

Do you have a link to the item on the Pacific Geeks site? Thanks!

Ok that looks like a great monitor, easy to wallmount too. Question is, will it fit in between studs? This would be great if you have a closet right behind the wall where the monitor is. Only feature that is not great is the 'low' resolution , considering it is a 19" screen (around 1200x1024 I believe). Also keep in mind that it doesn't accept VGA input, only DVI/Svideo/RCA. Good deal for sure. Has anyone every bought something from there?

I did buy a couple of these from Pacific Geeks, planning to mount them into custom frames for a multimedia display. They worked with no problem when I hooked them up, one at a time, to a machine to test. I can't wait to get it all put together!

1280x1024 is a standard maximum resolution for a 19" monitor. I don't think I ever found a 19" monitor with a higher resolution.

The transaction was problem free. It appears they test each one before shipping - there was a test slip in the box.

Shipping took a while, I think a 2 weeks from order to reception. I was on vacation for the duration, so it wasn't a problem for me, and they did say up front shipping would be delayed for these monitors. Another item I ordered at the same time arrived was shipped separate and arrived very promptly.

If you are buying something and want to help out a good cause, there is a link to Pacific Geeks on a shopping site that I built to raise money for my son's school

Page with link to Pacific Geeks and other computer stores

Purchases through the link on that page will give the school 5%, and we certainly need it. It helps me feel slightly less guilty about spending the money :) I hope this doesn't run afoul of rules regarding links, but there's already links in this thread to the item if you don't want to do this.

Has anyone received theirs yet ?

I ordered two on Aug. 23. They promptly gave me fedex tracking numbers but the tracking information has not shown any activity. All it says is "package data transmitted to FEDEX". I called geek and they claim that the packages have left their TX warehouse and I should be receiving them this week. I seriously doubt that Fedex has actually received the packages yet.

I am wondering what is going on ?

I ordered two on Aug. 23. They promptly gave me fedex tracking numbers but the tracking information has not shown any activity. All it says is "package data transmitted to FEDEX". I called geek and they claim that the packages have left their TX warehouse and I should be receiving them this week. I seriously doubt that Fedex has actually received the packages yet.

After 10 days, I emailed for a status. No reply, the next day I got a FedEx tracking number which still show "data transmitted". The next day I received USPS tracking numbers which have never shown any information. I emailed yesterday and told them USPS would not deliver to the address I gave them. They emailed back and said they would "reship" FedEx today. Now I wonder if they have ever shipped them?

Brian

After 10 days, I emailed for a status. No reply, the next day I got a FedEx tracking number which still show "data transmitted". The next day I received USPS tracking numbers which have never shown any information. I emailed yesterday and told them USPS would not deliver to the address I gave them. They emailed back and said they would "reship" FedEx today. Now I wonder if they have ever shipped them?

Brian

I just checked the Fedex site. Fedex says that the packages are in their possession now :(

They are indeed coming from Denton, TX by Ground service. Being in CA, I will probably be receiving them early next week. Hopefully yours is in Fedex possession too.

I just placed a order for one (it was the "nooner" for today) for $250 +shipping.
I was just curious what kind of rigs you guys are going to be making with these.
I'm considering a coffee table PC or just building it in flat to a desk.
I'd love to see some photos of everyone else's projects!

I just ordered two of these at $250 apiece. Its just too good a deal to pass up even though I won't be able to get to them right away. There are 20 left on the site at this price available for another 14 hours or so. :D

Back