20A30-1 Email Notifier or Equivalent

bitcpy

I have an HAI Omni Pro II and wanted to add a way to send notifications out when an event occurs. Is there any other way to accomplish this rather than trying to locate an Email Notifier board? Anyone know where these boards can be purchased?

I was originally thinking of trying to use one of the open source projects that talk via the TCP/IP protocol and listen for events and then write the notification code externally but wanted to hear some input from others who faced the same situation.

Any advice is appreciated as I am trying to make the best of the situation with this unsupported Omni Pro II now.

Homeseer Omni Plugin works fine and the Home Assistant OmniLink work fine for this. 

The old Windows Snaplink also works if you keep it running 24/7 on Windows.

Thanks Pete. I actually bookmarked Home Assistant and Hoobs to look at. I just wanted to keep the implementation as simple as possible to limit the point of failures.

Appreciate the input.

pete_c said:
Homeseer Omni Plugin works fine and the Home Assistant OmniLink work fine for this. 

The old Windows Snaplink also works if you keep it running 24/7 on Windows.

An old copy of Snaplink for Windows is all you need.  It will run fine on any version of Windows.  

If you want to go the RPi route you can install Homeseer 4 / Omni plugin on an RPi to do what you will need.  (for a price) or

Install Home Assistant on an RPi and utilize the OmniLink app (for free).

I have been running Homeseer / Omni  and HS OmniLink bridge (MQTT) plugin now for a few years now with no failures.

I am not familiar with Home Bridge. That said if it does MQTT then you can use it with the OmniLink Bridge app.

I don't keep any windows machines running on my network. I'm all linux and Mac over here. 

I managed to get HOOBS up and running on my Synology NAS and now have all my Omni sensors and alarm capability exposed through Apple HomeKit. I was going to install Home Assistant as well since it is more of a full automation system.HOOBS does have an MQTT broker that can be configured so I guess if I find an email module I can get it to react to those events and generated emails and/or SMS.

I had my Omni for so many years with just some basic automation programmed in and mainly used for security control but lately I've gotten the itch to integrate a bit more. :)

pete_c said:
An old copy of Snaplink for Windows is all you need.  It will run fine on any version of Windows.  

If you want to go the RPi route you can install Homeseer 4 / Omni plugin on an RPi to do what you will need.  (for a price) or

Install Home Assistant on an RPi and utilize the OmniLink app (for free).

I have been running Homeseer / Omni  and HS OmniLink bridge (MQTT) plugin now for a few years now with no failures.

I am not familiar with Home Bridge. That said if it does MQTT then you can use it with the OmniLink Bridge app.

Back