A plugin for Ipod?

Skibum said:
Wayne

Horse... dead....beat....why bother?

Those with 2 cents of common sense see exactly what is going on.

It's a loosing battle my friend trying to enlighten those with blinders on.
The software is seriously flawed, and no one seems to care. In fact those lemmings amongst us seem to EMBRACE the issues as a "challenge".

It has been over 3 weeks now since the seriously flawed version 2014 was released, with a promise last week of an impending update. What did we see... an ad for yet another plug-in.

HST you need to fix the foundation before adding the bling. Bling that does not work because of underlying faults within the program is totally USELESS!
Ski,
I do not have binders on. I'm having serious problems with HS 2.0 as well and yes they do have some problems but what do you want from them. They will work the problems until they find a solution. I'm simply taking a more mature approach to working through my problems. I see no gain to bashing a company that is doing there best. If I didn't know the HST guys personally and know how much time they are putting into getting this to work then I probably wouldn't be as low keyed on the problems. The bottom line is this. They are doing the best they can do. If you are having problems with HS 2.0 roll back to 1.7. It's not that difficult of a decision to me.

I'm glad you asked, Rupp

What I would like is to have every resource available put into fixing what has already been released. No "We don't read the support forum" excuses... no "have you tested without the plug-ins that you paid for" excuses. No more .net excuses, and no more plug-ins until the software will actually run long enough to appreciate their value.

I would like to see some owning up the the problems that HST created by releasing this software prematurely. I would like to see a change in the attitude "I know what is wrong, and it is a plug-in, but I'm not gonna tell you what plug-in".

I would like to see a Homeseer that will run for more than a few hours.

I would like to see less marketing, and more support

I would like to see someone other than you answering for Homeseer Technologies.

Rolll back to 1.7

Wasn't it YOU that championed a complete new installation for 2.0, saying that it was the upgrade that was at the root of all issues....

No I can't just roll back to 1.7... IT IS UNSUPPORTED!! READ MY LIPS

NO SUPPORT
ninguna ayuda
aucun appui
отсутствие поддержки
καμία υποστήριξη

Understand yet??

I think the beating a dead horse comment is the best. No one is going to change anyone else's mind in this matter, no matter who's right or who's wrong. Whether it's Ski, Rupp, HST... whoever... all are going to stand by what they believe, even moreso if they feel bashed, since it's human nature to be more vehement if you feel persecuted.

I'd say it this way to all sides:

Anti-HS - look for other options. Unfortunately I think that's your only choice at this point short of staying with an unsupported 1.7 or upgrading to an unstable 2.0

Pro-HS - let HST fight their own battles because people only see others as a cheerleaders though you're just trying to help.

HST - Listen to your customer base, not your bottom line or marketing department - even if you're RIGHT! Suck it up and cowtow to them. Without the customers it doesn't matter if you product is cool enough to create life.

No one's 100% right or wrong in this. Do I have an opinion on this subject? Most definitely, but stating it and "claiming sides" isn't going to help the issue so I remain decidely neutral on the boards. I really think everyone's got the best interests of the product at heart.

The best part of HA, not just HS, is the community. And this HS2 issue is dividing that community. My $.02 only and no bashing of ANYONE intended.

Let's move on and get back to the subject of automating.

Back