Access, Arm and Disarm with proximity reader

zoot

Hi all
This is a newbie question but I can't find a definitive answer.

I want to be able to do the following:-

On exit.
With a proximity card/fob I want to be able to lock a door and enable alarm.

On Entry.
With the same proximity card/fob I want to be able to unlock a door and disable alarm.

Currently in rules I can do one or the other but not both as they are conflicting actions and was wondering if there was away around this?

Thanks

Probably two ways to handle this.
1) If you *don't* check the "Access" role on the user associated with the card, then each subsequent swipe will arm and disarm the system.  You could use a rule that "if system is armed and last user was XXX then lock the door.
2) If you do check the Access role, then you can write rules that check the Whenever XXX user triggers AND alarm is Armed, do YYY.

@DELInstallations
Consider your locking hardware also....are you talking a real strike or consumer hardware?
Currently no strike at all, my plan is to do so further down the track that is why I have access enabled.

@Work2Play
2) If you do check the Access role, then you can write rules that check the Whenever XXX user triggers AND alarm is Armed, do YYY.
This is what but I could only disarm because I was only doing only a single pass.

I will setup rules again and try as per @grssll post.

Thanks to everyone hopefully I have this sorted.

Cheers

John

You need to do this all via rules. Access only adds a flag to the user, you need to drive the event via rules for arm/disarm and the lock action.

I'm not following the difficulty - The rules should say "when user swipes AND alarm is armed, disarm" and vice versa.  That AND condition lets you handle both situations and differentiate between them.

That said, try not checking "Access" - then a valid swipe automatically toggles arm/disarm.  Then you just add a rule "whenever system arms and last user was XXX then lock door".

If the rules are done serially I would have thought this wouldn't work.

Rule 1: -
"when user swipes AND alarm is armed, disarm"

now disarmed.

Rule 2: -
"when user swipes AND alarm is disarm, arm"

now armed

It you reverse this you end up disarmed, so this isn't possible with "access".

Also with "access, arm, disarm" enabled there are no arm/disarm messages in the log when using fob.

I will try @Work2Play second suggestion when I get a chance.

Oops, just remembered I have a gate that is access only not connect to arm/disarm so I require access for that.

Back