• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

affordable route to distributing HD

ellisr63

v1rtu0s1ty said:
hi ellisr, what do you think about my drawing? Is there anything that should not be there? I put in A/B switch so I can switch to audio playing in the headend. I don't know if it's really needed because my a/v receiver can accept connections too and can do switching. If there are other things you see wrong, please let me know. Other folks are welcome to comment as well.

EDIT: where did you use the 2 CAT5 cables?

planned_av_distribution.gif
Got one question.... what is the keypad? Is that an Autopatch keypad? If not you need to have a PC so you can control the Autopatch via serial.
Ron

ph0n33z

Ellisr: do you have a site/thread where we can see pictures of your server room? I would love to see it!

v1rtu0s1ty

ellisr63 said:
v1rtu0s1ty said:
hi ellisr, what do you think about my drawing? Is there anything that should not be there? I put in A/B switch so I can switch to audio playing in the headend. I don't know if it's really needed because my a/v receiver can accept connections too and can do switching. If there are other things you see wrong, please let me know. Other folks are welcome to comment as well.

EDIT: where did you use the 2 CAT5 cables?

planned_av_distribution.gif
Got one question.... what is the keypad? Is that an Autopatch keypad? If not you need to have a PC so you can control the Autopatch via serial.
Ron
hi ellisr, I had an impression that 1YDM are controlled via keypads. So I need a PC to control them then. What if the PC is colocated with the 1YDM but it's got a RF receiver, that should work right? So if RF will not work, that means, we will have a dedicted PC for each room? Do you have a layout or drawing of how your devices are connected?

I also read somewhere about controlling but don't know if he was controlling 1YDM or rather his video sources, and this guy used Pronto 3000.

I'm still confused about a room(eg loft) that doesn't have a local receiver. Basically, I still wanted to watch a video in the loft coming from one of the outputs from 1YDM. However, analog audio would be fine for that room. How do we do that then? Do I run speakers wire from central location to the LOFT? How is audio sent there though from the video source we are watching?

Thanks for the help.