affordable route to distributing HD

v1rtu0s1ty said:
hi ellisr, what do you think about my drawing? Is there anything that should not be there? I put in A/B switch so I can switch to audio playing in the headend. I don't know if it's really needed because my a/v receiver can accept connections too and can do switching. If there are other things you see wrong, please let me know. Other folks are welcome to comment as well.

EDIT: where did you use the 2 CAT5 cables?

planned_av_distribution.gif
Got one question.... what is the keypad? Is that an Autopatch keypad? If not you need to have a PC so you can control the Autopatch via serial.
Ron

Ellisr: do you have a site/thread where we can see pictures of your server room? I would love to see it!

ellisr63 said:
v1rtu0s1ty said:
hi ellisr, what do you think about my drawing? Is there anything that should not be there? I put in A/B switch so I can switch to audio playing in the headend. I don't know if it's really needed because my a/v receiver can accept connections too and can do switching. If there are other things you see wrong, please let me know. Other folks are welcome to comment as well.

EDIT: where did you use the 2 CAT5 cables?

planned_av_distribution.gif
Got one question.... what is the keypad? Is that an Autopatch keypad? If not you need to have a PC so you can control the Autopatch via serial.
Ron
hi ellisr, I had an impression that 1YDM are controlled via keypads. So I need a PC to control them then. What if the PC is colocated with the 1YDM but it's got a RF receiver, that should work right? So if RF will not work, that means, we will have a dedicted PC for each room? Do you have a layout or drawing of how your devices are connected?

I also read somewhere about controlling but don't know if he was controlling 1YDM or rather his video sources, and this guy used Pronto 3000.

I'm still confused about a room(eg loft) that doesn't have a local receiver. Basically, I still wanted to watch a video in the loft coming from one of the outputs from 1YDM. However, analog audio would be fine for that room. How do we do that then? Do I run speakers wire from central location to the LOFT? How is audio sent there though from the video source we are watching?

Thanks for the help.

Back