Premise Amazon Echo works with Premise!

Motorola Premise
Ellery:  This is cool.  Very nice of you to do all of the videos and especially nice of you to do all of the coding you've been doing.

I need to carve out some time to really work on Premise again and learn from the videos.  I think I really need voice control :)

The KODI module is still a work in progress!  I finally started working on it again last weekend. 

Right now, I'm working on a method that will display an image from a doorbell camera for x seconds, and then automatically resume playback to where you left off.  Then I still need to add Pictures and Music Videos to the library.  I can't promise everything will be posted this weekend, but for sure the weekend after next as that's a holiday weekend for me.  It's very close and has performed very well for me.

The only catch is you need KODI open for it to work.  It does however automatically reconnect every minute, so if you close KODI then reopen it, it will auto reconnect.

The Tasker module is very neat, but...  I never documented it!  No reason it can't be added to my youtube account.  Certainly if I continue to get subscribers and views, I don't mind posting it to my channel along with a video.  I think the Tasker module would greatly increase my traffic (due to all the Tasker folks), so it's really a win-win.  Setup is a little tedious, but everything relies on only three Tasker Javascripts, so it's not too difficult.  Way easier than a lot of Tasker tutorials I've seen.  I want to add the KODI module and SpeechParser modules first though.

Currently, the Tasker module:
1. Tracks, incoming/outgoing calls (so you can pause your TV when a call is received to your mobile number)
2. Gives Premise access to your phones sensors (position, humidity, temp, light, etc...)
3. Automatically keeps Premise aware of your location and allows you to add locations in Builder and trigger events automatically when you are at those locations.
4. Tracks phone hook state.
5. Tracks missed calls.

It does this all with a special protocol I developed, so multiple things are sent from my phone as part of a single packet.  It's really like several dumb Tasker Tasks, that just pass the raw data to Premise, and Premise does all the processing.  It's much more organized to have all home automation logic within Premise.

w84no1 said:
Have you released the updated KODI module?  I still want to get that working.  Also, you mention Tasker.  Do you use Bluetooth, wifi, GPS, NFC, or something else to trigger the away from home stuff?

Ellery, this is very impressive work! Great job!

Looks like the z-wave VRC0P driver is running like gangbusters. I saw a lot of devices connected to it.

You're right about the OBi: Google Voice is not available to Canadians. I'm using the OBi with an inexpensive VOIP service.

I look forward to your next informative video.

The VRC0P module you engineered was a great success.  It's probably grown by 50% since you last used/built it as far as the number of supported devices and code if you include the secure devices me and mark added.

I posted the KODI module yesterday!  You need to navigate to youtube to view the video's description in order to download the module.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf0QDTkCzMQ

Very Nice, ETC!! Great 'hands on' instruction on a extensive Home Automation program.

Folks, make sure you hit the 'SHOW MORE' below the video to find ETC's KODI Module url

Nice Job!! :pray:

I finally have some time to install Premise on my main server, I will be installing the KODI module and if all goes well I will start to look at getting it working with JQM, unless Chuck beats me to it ;) 

Thanks!  I'll let you work on the JQM module first then.  I do want to finally start using it and learn jQuery by going through your work and studying it.

I think jQuery could build a beautiful content browser using fanart and coverart, along with movie details, etc...  The AutomationBrowser looks too outdated for me to ever be happy with it.

w84no1 said:
I finally have some time to install Premise on my main server, I will be installing the KODI module and if all goes well I will start to look at getting it working with JQM, unless Chuck beats me to it ;)

W84, go for it! I've made changes to the JQM - @media for sizing for different size displays. The default chews up too much real estate on tablets.

And I have just about finished updating the AB - or I should say created a new theme for the AB. As ETC has noted, it really is outdated and the primary reason I haven't been using it.The KODI module made me rethink about using the AB.

So I migrated all of the images to .pngs. Created a new theme using latest and greatest UI elements. I've taken 123's 1024 script and modified it to change all of the images to .pngs from their .gifs. But it is a LOT of work. I've looked at some HA UIs to get a look and feel; I'm replicating that in the AB.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the JQM version of KODI...I guess at some point we'll have to merge our 'branches'?

Back