any 1wire modules that handle a 4-20ma analog input?

ksdehoff

Hello:

Topic says it all. I've got some current transducers I'd like to run to a 1wire analog module. My choice is to use them in 4-20ma range. Are there any 1wire modules that will handle this? If not 4-20ma, I can do 0-5v as an option - any 1wire modules for this?

Ken

Hello:

Topic says it all. I've got some current transducers I'd like to run to a 1wire analog module. My choice is to use them in 4-20ma range. Are there any 1wire modules that will handle this? If not 4-20ma, I can do 0-5v as an option - any 1wire modules for this?

Ken

I can't comment on which 1wire module to use for analog but will mention that if you run your 4-20mA signal through a 250 ohm resistor you will have a 1-5v analog voltage

Hello:

Ken

Ken,

It is on our ToDo list to have a multimeter type 1-Wire device but I don't know when it would be available there are a few things ahead of it.

But for the 1-5v option you could use our Humidity board without the sensor. You would then connect your signal where the sensor normally connects. The only potential problem is that technically the DS2438 only reads voltages down to 1.5v but in practice it seems to read fine down close to 0v.

Eric

Back