Anybody Using Sengled Zigbee? (Not Wi-Fi)

upstatemike

I am looking at Sengled Zigbee as an alternative to Hue and was wondering if anybody has experience with their Zigbee products (not interested in their Wi-Fi offerings)? They seem to have color bulbs and switches like Hue but unfortunately no motion sensors. The big advantages seem to be cost plus the ability to use multiple bridges and have them all recognized by Alexa. With Hue only the small number of devices supported on your first bridge are controllable by Alexa. 

Anybody using this brand? Any other pros and cons?

I have 4 Sengled bulbs. All color. I use them with zigbee2mqtt. No issues with them. They never had to be re-paired. I don’t change the colors on them often but when I have it worked fine.

bbrendon said:
I have 4 Sengled bulbs. All color. I use them with zigbee2mqtt. No issues with them. They never had to be re-paired. I don’t change the colors on them often but when I have it worked fine.

Do you have a Sengled Zigbee hub or just the bulbs paired to MQTT? Have you used the Sengled app at all? I know I can use mix and match Zigbee stuff with MQTT or Hubitat o whatever but I'm trying to identify a good "plug and play" solution that I can recommend to friends and familiy without it coming back to bite me when they need help because it is too hard to set up or troubleshoot. Sort of like Hue without the price tag. I want to stay away from anything Wi-Fi based because I don't want to become the tech support for their network.

Back