Aquanta Hot Water Tank - Controller / Energy Management

Teken

I wanted to let those interested in potentially saving money all the while seeing how much water they consume in their home. This Kickstarter project is currently underway and if you get in early you can purchase one for $79.XX.

This device has the following features which I believe would go very nicely with the Home Automation System most of us have.

1. Measures water flow
2. Measures HWT temperature.
3. Water leak detection.
4. Remote power on / off
5. Cloud based energy, consumption, stats

I have just placed my pledge as this is something that could really help me out long term. I already measure the energy directly and know how much it costs me per minute, hour, day, week, month, year.

I know how long it runs for and the amount of energy whether it be watts, KWH, current. I also know how hot the tank is and when it cycles on / off. What I don't know is how much actual water I consume and can not at the moment remotely turn the power on / off.

I already have two water sensing technologies in place and also a remote water shut off. But the added benefit of seeing the amount of flow (GPM) would be most excellent!

There is only 13 days to go and they look to be rather short of their goal of 75K. So if you believe this is something you would like and make a difference in your wallet. All the while having the ability to remotely control, monitor, and aggregate the energy information please do support this cause.

https://www.kickstar...ter/description

Thanks for the post, Teken!

Most people don't know that water heating is the 2nd largest user of home energy...way more than electronics, lighting and other sources people think of first.  Search for "DOE Buildings Energy Book" for relevant data (I would post a link but apparently am not allowed as new user).

Shoot us an email to kickstarter at sunnovations dot com if you have a question about Aquanta, and please consider backing our Kickstarter campaign, which ends next Saturday the 20th, so act now!
Matt 

Back