• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
mikefamig said:
I think that it is the rate of rise that is the concern in FL and TX. It suggests that re-opening is a bit premature.

Mike.

I want to add that I'm all for re-opening but I can't believe that anyone believes it's OK to open bars and let people drink and mingle as usual. It's about the best way I can think of to help the virus spread.

Mike.
And California and Arizona too experienced dramatic spikes in new cases.

Perhaps, the reasoning is as follows: better let some young people get infected in bars than rioting in the streets; for the currently infected demographic median age of 34 (FL), the IFR is half of that of the 2009 swine flu so "no big deal" for them, on average (remains to be seen in two-three weeks).

They can of course infect older relatives, but hopefully there's enough of intergenerational good will left beyond the "boomer remover" meme to limit/eliminate the older people exposure.

A cross post here from another forum.

And that comes to show how the media distorts everything. Instead of delivering the necessary information for the public to be in safe hands, they make the public more vulnerable to this virus everyday. First they give you the good news, but then that rapidly escalates in more bad news. Bad News > Good News, therefore bad news is good news, right? Well, let's leave that for the general public to decide.

This is only the beginning of what is to come,

[youtube]http://youtu.be/pH6qw6m5qEI[/youtube]

The people charged with defending us from this virus want us to believe that there is nothing to worry about, they have it under control. They are encouraging us to go out this holiday weekend and enjoy ourselves. I am disgusted that so many Americans are so gullible and naive. I hear that some think it will magically disappear and others aren't even convinced that it is any different than the common flu. By the way....rising global temperatures are a hoax perpetrated by the leading scientists of the world. I guess they have nothing better to do.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/04/us/texas-hospitals-coronavirus/index.html

The virus is spreading massively in the USA despite (or because) your leadership wants to pretend otherwise.

How long until you have people gasping for their last breath, alone, in hospital corridors?

Craig

mikefamig said:
The people charged with defending us from this virus want us to believe that there is nothing to worry about, they have it under control. They are encouraging us to go out this holiday weekend and enjoy ourselves. I am disgusted that so many Americans are so gullible and naive. I hear that some think it will magically disappear and others aren't even convinced that it is any different than the common flu. By the way....rising global temperatures are a hoax perpetrated by the leading scientists of the world. I guess they have nothing better to do.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/04/us/texas-hospitals-coronavirus/index.html

With a wave of extra dead bodies the USA will likely come out the other side of this first and be on it's way to a recovering economy sooner that any other country in the world.
Some leaders are encouraging people to not social distance and not wear masks for July 4th celebrations, with additional promises of the best fireworks displays ever seen, along with jet fly-over displays.
The leaders know something based on what medical scientists have told them about herd immunity and they are not being transparent to their people.
This may be a success in the end but it will come at a huge cost of lives, that some leaders have established doesn't matter, anyway.
Other countries, practicing distancing and a more responsible method, may continue to live through this terrible pandemic for years to come while their economies collapse and standards of living will be in the toilets for decades.
Pick your poison.

LarrylLix said:
With a wave of extra dead bodies the USA will likely come out the other side of this first and be on it's way to a recovering economy sooner that any other country in the world.
Some leaders are encouraging people to not social distance and not wear masks for July 4th celebrations, with additional promises of the best fireworks displays ever seen, along with jet fly-over displays.
The leaders know something based on what medical scientists have told them about herd immunity and they are not being transparent to their people.
This may be a success in the end but it will come at a huge cost of lives, that some leaders have established doesn't matter, anyway.
Other countries, practicing distancing and a more responsible method, may continue to live through this terrible pandemic for years to come while their economies collapse and standards of living will be in the toilets for decades.
Pick your poison.
How about a third option. We do what we can to save lives and develop a vaccine.

Or even a fourth option where we behave carelessly hoping to get to herd immunity with huge loss of life which in turn ruins the economy too.

mikefamig said:
Or even a fourth option where we behave carelessly hoping to get to herd immunity with huge loss of life which in turn ruins the economy too.
Yeah, who knows what could happen. It's all mostly new ground. All we can do it protect ourselves and families the best we can do. The stats are with most of us anyway. By the time a new vaccine goes through proper testing it should be all over anyway. The last SARs vaccine was rushed and injured tens of thousands of European victims until they banned it.

Stay as healthy as possible
Avoid contact as much as possible
If we do get it, hope it will be a mild form
Take the news with a grain of salt and relax. Distract yourself from the issues they want you to worry about.
Keep your sanity with the above. The odds are in your favour.

I agree that the odds are in my favor to survive the virus if I get it but the odds are heavily against me avoiding getting it in the first place. It spreads so easily that I'm surprised that I haven't gotten it yet and I'm very careful. It's so easy to forget and touch your face when grocery shopping or doing what you need to do while trying to get through a day.

Our leaders (trump and company) are telling his followers to go out and spread this thing but I'll bet that he and anyone with a brain of any size is staying away from people and getting tested often. What really kills me is that so many people are taking his advice. I never imagined that there are so many people that need someone to tell them what to do.

Mike.

mikefamig said:
I agree that the odds are in my favor to survive the virus if I get it but the odds are heavily against me avoiding getting it in the first place. It spreads so easily that I'm surprised that I haven't gotten it yet and I'm very careful. It's so easy to forget and touch your face when grocery shopping or doing what you need to do while trying to get through a day.

Our leaders (trump and company) are telling his followers to go out and spread this thing but I'll bet that he and anyone with a brain of any size is staying away from people and getting tested often. What really kills me is that so many people are taking his advice. I never imagined that there are so many people that need someone to tell them what to do.

Mike.
As much as I hate wearing those mask they do stop me from touching my face. I try to touch as little as possible, scratch my face using the mask, through the mask, and sanitise my hands, as soon as I get back into the car before touching anything more than the outside door handle. Then the mask comes off, and is set in the heat and sun on the dashboard. Having said that, we have two counties with only about 80 recorded cases, so odds are very in my favour.

If we don't ever get it, we will always wonder in fear, as long as any country in the world has multiple cases.
My best hope is the test for immunity will become available to all, and I will have some immunity to it, from small exposures over months/years? of minor contact.

Then there always the  next wild virus and we will all be another 5/10 years older. WOW! We can only hope some breakthrough in viral technology happens, that can just resist all of this crap. Vaccines don't seem to be the answer for flu style viruses, yet.

Back