[Article] Factory Refurbished Vera 2 Controller: $100 via eBay (micasaverdeshop)

Thinking about getting one of these for my mother, just put in some blind controls for her. What can the 3 do that the 2 doesn't? Can you set scenes with this? IOW, I have 2 add-a-motors for her blinds. I need to turn one on for 5 seconds, then turn it off. then turn the other on for 3 seconds, then turn it off. I would want this to happen on a button press, then set another button to do the opposite. Easy enough with Elve or similar but I have no experience with the "veras".

The 3 has a faster processor and more memory iirc.  I am not using mine to the fullest potential (just haven't had time yet), but the 2 will do the job just fine.  As far as I know, there aren't any features in the software which only work with version 3+ (at least that's what they told me back when the 3 was released).

I also have a reburbished Vera 2 here.  It is well constructed and very much plug n play. 

I do have the Vera "off" right now and am considering a 3rd Z-Wave network just to play with it.

I also recommend you don't use this as your internet gateway, but as a dedicated home automation appliance (you can disable the router/gateway mode).

Back