[Article] Homeseer Technologies Announces Android TableTop Touch Screen

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Homeseer just announced they are now offering a tabletop Android touch screen.  Customized to run HSTouch upon boot-up, the unit seems to feature average specs, but it does look pretty nice and price isn't bad either ($149 with coupon TT-20).  Manual is available here.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7zqvo8xD1Y[/media]

Download attachment: WFTT07-Back-500.jpg  Download attachment: WFTT07-kit2-500.jpg

• CPU: ARM Cortex A8
  • RAM: 512 MB
  • STORAGE: 4 GB internal memory
  • DISPLAY: 7" Capacitive Touch
  • RESOLUTION: 800 x 480
  • CONTRAST RATIO: 400:1
  • LUMINANCE: 200cd/m2
  • WIFI: 802.11b/g/n
  • AUDIO: 2x 5W Stereo Speakers
  • BATTERY LIFE: Working Time is approx 4 hours

Click here to view the article

I'll order one next week (or whenever it comes out) to test out - the market needs more devices with this sort of form factor.

Work2Play said:
I'll order one next week (or whenever it comes out) to test out - the market needs more devices with this sort of form factor.

Its out.  Supposedly 100 in stock.  FYI no VR (no mic) and no camera if it matters to you.

Looks nice.  Love the form factor.  Not sure if its one of those things that will improve in 6 months by adding the VR

Saw the stock levels later - was in a hurry when I first posted.

I hate VR so that's no biggie; Camera would be nice but Im not far enough into my HS to know if it'd be usable anyway.

Work2Play said:
Saw the stock levels later - was in a hurry when I first posted.

I hate VR so that's no biggie; Camera would be nice but Im not far enough into my HS to know if it'd be usable anyway.

I am the opposite.  If VR worked well it would be great to have.  Family members dont want to scroll though lists to turn a light on etc.

I dont think I would use the camera.  Some people complain about the screen resolution.  Not sure if that matters to me as long as I can see the cameras well enough etc.

Why would one need an additional tablet, if the App runs on all of them being available in the household?

I agree about the resolution, it could be better and scrolling lists can be tedious. It would also be nice if it had a mic so one could use them as an intercom throughout the house. Other than that, I like it and will probably buy many when these features are added. Great first try!

Efried said:
Why would one need an additional tablet, if the App runs on all of them being available in the household?

The addressed that in the video itself...  Tablets are OK - once you locate one and turn it on, wait for it to connect to wifi, and launch the app... but they're just not as convenient as a tabletop controller that's already always-on and running your control app.

Honestly I'm looking to use them for my kids as both music controllers and localized control points for the things they have limited access to.

BSR: Thanks for the mention!  We didn't really make a big deal of it in the video but the sound quality is very nice, unlike what you usually expect for a hand held tablet (or even a laptop). Works great with iHeartRadio and Spotify.  The HSTouch client also functions as a remote speaker client for remote broadcast of alerts, announcements, reminders, etc..  I am replacing the tablet on my nightstand and the table radio in my kitchen with these.

Neato device Mark!

Personally here I did get addicted a bit to the table top tablet versus the in wall touchscreen over the last couple of years.

Back