Aux Input Usage in Jriver?

shenandoah75

I have an Maudio 410 and a creative SBlive card installed in my "server". Is there anyway to access either of the aux inputs on those cards via jriver and/or Media Bridge? I searched Jrivers help file to no avail... they have a section on recoridng from the aux input, put not using it as a source to a zone.

I know i could use a receiver for source control, but i'd like to avoid that, so that i can use the reciever's tuner into a line input, and send one of the m-audio's output (say for Master bed zone) back through the tape loop for that zone's amplification. Doing all selection/control in Jriver and the controlling app.

thx
-brad

MainLobby3 / MusicLobby3 interfaces with J river Media Center.
Additionally, there are MLMAudioDelta and Revolution plugins to control the Maudio sound card inputs / outputs and matrix possibilities. MainLobby3 Server can then orchestrate to your request, the dynamics between these components and choices. I don't believe that J river can do that on it's own today.

Here is some info on the MAudio plugin and what it can / can't do.
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki/in...MLMAudio_Plugin

I have an Maudio 410 and a creative SBlive card installed in my "server". Is there anyway to access either of the aux inputs on those cards via jriver and/or Media Bridge? I searched Jrivers help file to no avail... they have a section on recoridng from the aux input, put not using it as a source to a zone.

I know i could use a receiver for source control, but i'd like to avoid that, so that i can use the reciever's tuner into a line input, and send one of the m-audio's output (say for Master bed zone) back through the tape loop for that zone's amplification. Doing all selection/control in Jriver and the controlling app.

thx
-brad

Thanks David,

I will see if i can this working. I really tried last night and early this morning to get music lobby up and running with the default skins, but when i go there, i see the left pane as a Music Lobby wash background and clicking on the audio library, etc gets me no where (same with search). I must be missing something... I have a single box setup for the demo (runing client and server), i can see the client connected to the server, etc...

btw - not sure if this helps, but Promixis's media bridge/net remote sees my jriver libraries, i can browse/search, play, etc. I have tried Mlobby with that shut down so i don't think there is any interferance with the jriver plugin of yours...

I may just be an idiot. I write software for a living, but have really struggled with getting these HA package up and running and my 30 days of trial period are running out :D

thx again for all your input to date
-brad

Did you install the MusicLobby server as per the documentation?
Problem with software experts is they don't read the directions :D

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki/in...Y3_INSTALLATION

Did you start the MusicLobbyServer in the MediaCenter plugin? Does it say that it is licensed for 3 zones?

Above info will start to narrow in on the issue.

David

Thanks David,

I will see if i can this working. I really tried last night and early this morning to get music lobby up and running with the default skins, but when i go there, i see the left pane as a Music Lobby wash background and clicking on the audio library, etc gets me no where (same with search). I must be missing something... I have a single box setup for the demo (runing client and server), i can see the client connected to the server, etc...

btw - not sure if this helps, but Promixis's media bridge/net remote sees my jriver libraries, i can browse/search, play, etc. I have tried Mlobby with that shut down so i don't think there is any interferance with the jriver plugin of yours...

I may just be an idiot. I write software for a living, but have really struggled with getting these HA package up and running and my 30 days of trial period are running out :)

thx again for all your input to date
-brad

Well i "sortof" read it (i had the PDF versions and they are big!) :D Well this time i redid the start server option in jriver and although renetering the client didn't immediatly display the tracks, it did after 10 secs or so. Maybe i was too impatient, but i know i started it the other times too, because i remember thinking i shoudl check that "start server on startup" option if i do purchase ...

thx again
-brad

Back