[Blogs] mustangcoupe's Blog - Server Assembled

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Droid

CT Bot
Over the weekend, I found time here and there, (mostly at 2am) to assemble all the goodies that was delivered on Thursday and Friday.

Overall thoughts....
Component choices seem to be a good one. The case is "solid" and easy to work with, I did have t extra pieces of metal that was in a bag and Im not sure where they may be needed. \

One thing i was toying with was a sata drive cage for the front which would have taken 2- 5 1/4 slots and given me a "hot swap option" for 3- 3 1/2 drives. Which now that I think about it yes this would have been nice but I think it would have been a wasted expense.

I performed a burn in over night once it was built running, both cores of the processor at 100% maxed out processor temp at about 60 degrees! not bad considering Everything was maxed out....

I think I may consider swapping out the standard case fans but that is not needed to happen tomorrow.

Overall a great choice for parts and NEWEGG as usual shipped quickly. I might re consider my choice of OS but that is because I am having problems with getting SageTV to run with my OS and hardware choices, but I have not spent enough time to decide yet.

This thread is not open. If you wish to respond, please respond using the original blog entry link. View the original blog entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back