[Blogs] The Nexus Technoblog - Tivo Series 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Droid

CT Bot
Tivo was poised to reinvent the DVR... and then they didn't. I honestly see absolutely nothing that would make me want to go out and buy a unit. I remember when the S3 came out... I drove to 5 different stores to be able to plop down my $800 bucks. And it was worth every penny. The S4 doesn't even have the guts to grab my attention at this point.

The hope was that the unit would do at least some of the following:

1) Bring back the front display. The S3 trounces all the existing units in front panel functionality. I know I look to see what is recording there often.
2) Streaming of HD content from LAN servers. This device needs to be able to display MKVs. (Hopefully I just missed this.)
3) Integration of multiple TIVOs. The software for all units really needs to be updated so they can work as a team.

I guess we get to wait another 3 years and hope that Tivo is still relevant when they release the S5.

I suppoe they will be able to sell S4s to people taht dont own a Tivo... or for those that have units die. If you have a S3 or newer there is just no compelling reason to upgrade.

This thread is not open. If you wish to respond, please respond using the original blog entry link. View the original blog entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back