*** Bosch Blueline Gen 2 Tritech Motion giving false alarms

Mp333

I have few Bosch Blueline Gen 2 Tritech motion detectors in the house. One in particular is giving false alarms whether its day or night in the living room. It has been going on for a bit. I have replaced it with a spare new one I had. I have even vacuumed around it thinking may be the spiders are causing the alarm. At one point I thought it was the sun causing it as it is near the window, but it has happened during night time as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I have two of the same motion detectors here and have had only one false alarm in five years and it is in a garage with dust, bugs and exposure to the sun from windows. Are yo recording on motion? That might reveal what is causing it.

Mike.

mikefamig said:
I have two of the same motion detectors here and have had only one false alarm in five years and it is in a garage with dust, bugs and exposure to the sun from windows. Are yo recording on motion? That might reveal what is causing it.

Mike.
What do you mean by recording on motion?

I'm sorry, I was in a hurry and didn't think that out. I have cameras in the same area as the detectors and can set them to record on motion and then look at the video to see what triggered the camera which might show what triggered the motion detector. It was a brain fart, I forgot that the cam and motion sensor were separate.

Mike.

Got it mikefamig.
I do have camera that have recorded the events when the motion is triggered and I cannot see anything that would have triggered the motion on the camera. I did see some where online that the spiders can set them off. So that's a possibility...

Spiders often set off my cameras but the Bosch motion detectors have been immune to that and they are in the same environment. They are somehow smarter.

I was going to say the same with spiders causing multiple false alarms that have resulted in police rolls. I will now be adding 2 motions per zone to ensure a spider or bad motion detector cannot cause a false alarm, well at least greatly reduce the possibility.

Back