Bosch motion sensor

From the interface point of view, all hardwired PIR sensors are created equal..

So, connection to other devices depend on your control system.

AutomatedOutlet said:
If you want a motion sensor and a camera in one unit, I would get this one.
Ok, I will put that on my list for my next purchase. I'll just swap it in the future. Talking about cameras, I want to put one in my porch in the future. I want something that looks like a small mic. Something that will work when weather is sunny and even at night.

Can you please recommend me a link to that product?

Actually, there are cameras and other modules available for those Blueline PIR's. Also so far I have not been very impressed with them. They don't seem very sensitive and I had 1 DOA out of 5. But Toymaster uses them alot I believe and can probably comment better.

Steve said:
Actually, there are cameras and other modules available for those Blueline PIR's. Also so far I have not been very impressed with them. They don't seem very sensitive and I had 1 DOA out of 5. But Toymaster uses them alot I believe and can probably comment better.
Are you saying that the Bosch motion sensor I bought is not senstitive? This is what I bought

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/product.php...&cat=202&page=2

Please comment.

Thanks.

I have been looking for a detector that can deal with a dog that is almost 100Lb. They have one blue line model that claims to be good for that.

I haven't seen a dealer that carries them however. Anyone know where i might be able to buy one or has used one?

bob

Blue Line ISM-BLD1-P Pet Friendly TriTech Detectors

The detector can distinguish between signals caused by
humans and signals caused by pets. It ignores signals
caused by one or two pets up to 45 kg (100 lb) or
numerous rodents.

We don't have a dog but still would like to know if the Bosch motion sensor I bought will be fine. Please advise.

Thanks.

Steve said:
Hi Steve,

Please respond. I still would like to hear from you. I'm very interested.

Thanks,

Neil

Well, everyone's experience will vary, so I can just tell you mine. I have them setup without the lookdown zone (pet friendly still in place). I also have some of them placed a bit higher than their stated maximum height. I am also not super experienced with many different sensors but in my opinion, the blueline does not seem to pick up motion that I would think it should. For example in one roughly 10x10 room it is up in the corner at 9 feet high. You can sit in the bed on the opposite wall and wave your arms around until you are blue in the face (no pun intended), and the sensor will not trip. So in short, they just don't 'feel' right, but I need to do more testing. I do however like the way they install and the fact that the 'eye' is sealed. You probably just need to test it in your environment and see your results. I am testing it against a DSC Bravo6, but we did like the blue LED.

I took the petstrip out, put it about 9' high also for a similar size room, picks up most everything. Not literally everything, but if I think about the desired outcome (i.e., an intruder is inside the house), it will guaranteed pick that up within him taking 1-2 steps.

I think it may indeed work better with the lookdown zone enabled (taking strip out), but once it out, you can not put it back and the whole purpose of using these was in case she got a pet in the future. Otherwise I would have used the BV500 combos or the Clip1.

If it is pet friendly and the guy was small and slow enough, proabably not. If you don't have pets you can make them much more sensitive and not have to worry about the pet alley.

Back