Boston Dynamics Big Dog

This might be of interest to fellow Cocooners:

While watching a TED talk, I learned of "Big Dog" by Boston Dynamics. They're working on a DARPA project to create an autonomous, robotic "mule" for the US military. You can see Big Dog in action on YouTube.

The folks at Boston Dynamics have created something truly amazing. Big Dog isn't sentient but its movements suggest it is. Watch how it recovers from slipping on ice and you'll swear it's alive. After Big Dog, be sure to view Little Dog and RHex (this last video needs a nudge to get it going). RHex's means of locomotion gives it a very determined personality. ;)

wow...all i can say is wow...amazing how it recovers....it must have have a bit more rulespace than the ELK M1... ;) Probably cost a bot more too.

I knew there was a lot of development on the robotics part, but this is quite amazing.

my company uses Boston Dynamics DI-Guy product in our product, so I've saw this on the BD website over a year ago... I wonder how much updates they've done in a year ;)

You guys were fooled by that video?? That's not robotic. You can clearly see it's 2 guys facing each other under a canvas blanket who happen to be very good at synchronization.

Well, I can understand that. At 5, all technology is cool and not to be mocked. Only when they become teenagers do they appreciate everything that's critical and sarcastic.

My 12 year old daughter watched it and thought it was pretty scary, she didn't find anything cute about it.

Oh well.

StevenE

Back