Brultech Energy Monitoring 1240 How reset?

fxs158

I bought a 1240 and installed it yesterday, the issue i am having is that channel 1 connected to main is reading less electricity than channel two that is connected to a side panel for the Generator.

After running it for 5 hours I finally got the xbee to work from my kids computer as my computer seems to be out range, I then set up the type of connectors on the channels and saved the data. I am hoping this fixes the discrepancy of the power difference on the two sensors. However I cannot find a way to reset the 1240 so that it starts reading and storing the energy usage after i made the change. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

I bought a 1240 and installed it yesterday, the issue i am having is that channel 1 connected to main is reading less electricity than channel two that is connected to a side panel for the Generator.

Thanks

You may already understand this, but Ch1 will measure the Net energy flowing to or from the electric company via your panel's main. If your generator is online and providing power, your house could be using the sum of: 'power company' and 'generator'. Ch1 will only show the flow from 'power company'. If you are generating more than half of your home's power use, than Ch1 will be less than Ch2. Note that Ch1 measures energy flow in either direction. If you are generating 150 watts and your home is only using 100 watts, then you are supplying 50 watts TO the power company and Ch1 will measure 50 watts. If you are only geneating 50 watts and your home is using 100 watts, Ch1 will also measure 50 watts. Ch1 (and Ch2) measure the absolute value of power flowing -- it is always a positive number measuring the flow of energy, no matter which direction it is flowing. You need to use the polar channels to determine which direction the energy is flowing.

More info: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenEcmServer

tenholde

Back