Cai Webcontrol Logs vs emails

siafu

Hello all,

I've been using a couple Cai webcontrol boards for almost a year, to controll temperatures and lights.

I have both boards setup in a way that where there is a value change, I receive an email.

This has been working fine, expcept I get to many emails, and unless I save those emails, I don't have the data to compare when and what was triggered.

Is there a way to have the boards keep a log, that I can reference too if I want to check on how many times the heat came on and off and what times in a day, week, month, year?

Nope, no way for the board to log. How about using something external to poll the board regularly and keep the log?

Nope, no way for the board to log. How about using something external to poll the board regularly and keep the log?

Yes, there is a program you can download for free. User io_guy on universal devices forum (the isy forum) created a program that synchronizes cai to ISY. It also logs. Even if you don't have an ISY, it will still receive the cai data points and log them. You will just have to filter out the error messages that occur when it fails to find the ISY. I used it extensively to graph the analog value inputs on some things I was measuring. I set the sampling rate to 1hz, but you can set it much slower than that if it suits you.

Back