CastleOS is Now Free for up to 10 Smart Devices

ChrisCicc

We're happy to announce CastleOS v1.3, which includes a new free-to-use tier! This means CastleOS is free for use with up to 10 smart devices. CastleOS can grow with you as you build out your smart home!
After ten devices, you can purchase a license at any time to unlock unlimited device support, or upgrade to the CastleHUB. Combined with our expansive protocol and device capabilities, CastleOS can support any size smart home and many commercial installations!
In addition, our 30-day unlimited device trial remains for those with existing systems they'd like to test with CastleOS during the trial mode. Whether you're just starting out, or looking for a more capable controller for an existing system, CastleOS is able to support you!
http://www.castleos.com/download.aspx

11053521_950191708346119_324492851825259091_o.png

Smart marketing move Chris.  You keep surprising us.  I got started in HA when Elve was in long term beta and I was free to use it so long as it was in beta.  John extended the date 30 days at a time for about a year and a half.  By that time I was totally hooked.

It's a great opportunity for first timers to get their feet wet.

Deane Johnson said:
Smart marketing move Chris.  You keep surprising us.  I got started in HA when Elve was in long term beta and I was free to use it so long as it was in beta.  John extended the date 30 days at a time for about a year and a half.  By that time I was totally hooked.

It's a great opportunity for first timers to get their feet wet.

Thanks Deane! Back in 2013 when CastleOS was in beta it was free, and then we gave 75% off to everyone who transitioned from beta to paid. If anyone needs some extra time with the (unlimited device) trial now we give it as well. And we have a few more surprises coming, stay tuned over the next few weeks!

Chris, what hardware CastleOS supports? The website says that Z-Wave is supported, but without hub any random Z-Wave dimmer or switch wont be talking to the PC. So, do you list anywhere what hubs CastleOS supports? Couldn't find that anywhere on your website.

ano said:
Is there a reason why UPB modules are supported, but no UPB switches?

Sorry for any confusion, all UPB devices are supported.

zenix said:
Chris, what hardware CastleOS supports? The website says that Z-Wave is supported, but without hub any random Z-Wave dimmer or switch wont be talking to the PC. So, do you list anywhere what hubs CastleOS supports? Couldn't find that anywhere on your website.
Right now we support all USB radios, Z-NET and network bridge support is coming soon. We also support various bridges that also support Z-Wave, like TCP and Wink.

ChrisCicc said:
Right now we support all USB radios, Z-NET and network bridge support is coming soon. We also support various bridges that also support Z-Wave, like TCP and Wink.

Wink - direct or via cloud? I am not a fan of Wink's "up to 15 seconds" delay.

zenix said:
Wink - direct or via cloud? I am not a fan of Wink's "up to 15 seconds" delay.

We use their official API, right now it's cloud but they've said local control is being worked on...

Back