Centralite Jetstream

Target

Howdy all,

This has been out for a while, and I was wondering if anyone had installed it and gotten impressions. From talking to a Centralite rep, theoretically this system offers nearly all the benefits of a hardwired system in terms of performance at a much lower cost and much easier installation. I would really like to get some real world impressions though if anyone has them.

Target

Our product manager has it working in his house and he loves it. He likes it better than anything else he has tried.

There is an M1XSP software module that supports the Jetstream also.

I really like this solution as well, but it's so hard to find any info on it, especially pricing info.

Worthinggton distribution has it and so does Capital sales. I have installed it and have had no problems with it, works very well. Pricing is about $70 a switch.

Worthinggton distribution has it and so does Capital sales. I have installed it and have had no problems with it, works very well. Pricing is about $70 a switch.
$70 is per controlled load. By the time you add a keypad, it costs about $80 in a packaged deal (which i did not like given the choices of keypads). Seperate probably costs 5% more. Still a pretty good deal in hardwired lighting.

Note that to get the above prices, you have to set up as a dealer with Worthington, etc. ;).

Forgot about that, I am a dealer with both. I believe the keypad is not going to be made any more, you just buy a dimmer and tell it to act like a keypad. Easy programing.

Forgot about that, I am a dealer with both. I believe the keypad is not going to be made any more, you just buy a dimmer and tell it to act like a keypad. Easy programing.
And I was thinking of the Litjet system, not Jetstream. So please ignore my response too other than the dealer bit. ;)

This is really great to hear. Exactly what I was hoping for. Has anyone had any experience with UPB? At a very slightly higher cost these are pretty much direct competitors. Would you say this wins hands down?

Target

I wish more z-wave options existed.

I'm not too fond of the Centralite switches, though I haven't been able to hold one in my hand yet. I guess I should reserve judgement.

I am looking for the best pricing on the Jetstream 3 button switches... any suggestions?
Has anybody dealt with Garrett's? (www.garrett-smarthome.com) they list the 3 button
at $78US
I sent an email to Automated Outlet 4 days ago and they have yet to respond.
Any other suggested dealers?
Thanks,

Give AO a call. They are extremely busy right now migrating everything website related to a new platform, but I haven't heard any complaints yet about them not being responsive via phone.

Zanthic,

Not sure who the email went to. Between training classes this week and illnesses of some people, it has been a little tight this week. I'm very sorry about that.

Please forward the email to me and I'll make sure it gets handled right away.

Sorry about that!

Martin
[email protected]

Back