CES 2005 Exclusive Update

BraveSirRobbin

Note: Here is an exclusive update on CES 2005 held at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Information provided was per notes taken (very quickly) during interviews with the various representatives. Information was "thrown out" at a tremendous pace, thus trying to interpret notes afterward may provide some information that is incomplete or inaccurate. Please keep in mind that the intent of these updates is to introduce our members to new technology displayed at CES and not to provide a "detailed" review of the products themselves.

D-Link's Booth

I also did another quick stop at D-Link's booth (still without my camera ;) )

I picked up a brochure on their latest Internet IP cameras as shown below:

(Click on Picture for Full Sized Image)

I'm not sure if all of these products are new, but some that caught my eye were the pan & tilt unit that operated over a wireless 802.11g network. Some also had two-way audio (i.e. you could hear a person walk up to your door and then ask them what they wanted). The pan and tilt were operated via a web-browser and were in the same screen as the video stream. I believe they also offer image capture based on video change as well.

D-Link's software (on some models) will let you operate 16 cameras at one time and let you have mulitple thumbnail images of the streams on a screen all via your web browser.

They have a lot of models with many options (wired and wireless IP cameras).

The only downside to the models I was looking at were they didn't seem weatherproof and I don't believe they would operate well under low light conditions.

Back