[CES] 2006 Exclusive Update

BraveSirRobbin

Please read THIS General CES 2006 Update Disclaimer FIRST:

Stopped by the Leviton booth at the main ZWave display and spoke with Mark Walters, Director. Leviton now carries a line of ZWave compatible home automation switches (shown below).

"Vizia RF" is there new standard decora frame with a toggle (not rocker) style of ZWave compatible switch.

This product will ship end of first quarter 2006.

This initial product line will include 1000 watt dimmers, three ways, electronic low voltage, RS-232 interface moudlues, plug in lamp and appliance modules, and hand held controllers.

Another product wave will be available middle of the third quarter including an in-wall outlet. There are also plans for an in-line module late this year.

The cost of these products will be in the "mid to high" range.

(Click on Picture for Full Sized Image)

(Click on Picture for Full Sized Image)

For more information visit their Web Site.

will they support 2 way communication? that is, must they be polled or can they notify other interested devices (ha controller) of state changes?

tanstaaf1 said:
will they support 2 way communication? that is, must they be polled or can they notify other interested devices (ha controller) of state changes?
Sorry but I didn't ask that very good question! I can PM you Mark Walter's Email address though if you would like to ask him!

So is this stuff out yet at all? I just saw a post from Martin that he won't receive any until March 2007.

Right now, they are saying March. They are working on building the line now. Product part numbers haven't even been loaded into their order entry system yet either.

Back