CGI:IRC Problems

Squintz

Electron.

I just tried your CGI:IRC Page from APG, Maryland Army Base and it did not let me connnect. Everything seems to work but the connection times out and never actually connects.

i get the following:

*** Welcome to CGI:IRC 0.5.4 (2004/01/29)
*** Looking up irc.marstracker.com
*** Connecting to irc.marstracker.com [24.59.64.234] port 6667
*** An error occured: Connecting to IRC: Connection timed out (60 seconds)

What could possibly be going wrong?

Fixed, the linux server is running on my windows OS now, so I had to pick a new ip address while I am rebuilding the original linux box, but never updated the host file on the new machine. I just tested it, and it works now. Keep in mind that the url to the interface is still private B)

I give up. Im on about attempt 53 or so. At one point in time i left the window open at the bottom of my screen and i did get to see electron say LOL but by time i noticed it IRC must have timed me out and i was not able to chat. Now im trying again and its connecting to the server but not displaying the HS room. everything seems to be very slow or not working at all compared to when i used it at home.

what browser do you use? Btw, I don't remember typing "LOL" in caps, as I never use it like that, so the screen was definitely screwed up. I tried changing the topic to get your attention, but guess that didn't work either.

maybe it was lol... I have tried both IE and Mozilla. The time that i got the "lol" was in IE.

I just logged in without a problem, and see squintz logged on twice. Did you get through?

I take that back. I get kicked off after a few seconds with this:
Code:
*** Welcome to CGI:IRC 0.5.4 (2004/01/29)

*** Looking up irc.marstracker.com

*** Connecting to irc.marstracker.com [192.168.200.2] port 6667

-irc.marstracker.com- *** Looking up your hostname...

-irc.marstracker.com- *** Checking ident...

-irc.marstracker.com- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~

-irc.marstracker.com- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead

-irc.marstracker.com- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /notice 1305513C nospoof now.

-irc.marstracker.com- *** Notice -- It seems that you don't have identd installed on your host.

-irc.marstracker.com- *** Notice -- If you wish to have your username show up without the ~ (tilde),

-irc.marstracker.com- *** Notice -- then install identd.

***  *** Session limit exceeded

*** Closing Link  jrfuda[192.168.200.2] (You are banned from using this server)

*** Disconnected from IRC

Nope... have not got through yet.

But i did get myself banned. B)

*** *** Session limit exceeded

*** Closing Link Squintz_5K3[192.168.XXX.X] (You are banned from using this server)

*** Disconnected from IRC

E must be working on something because the interface keeps changing. The login inerface got much smaller.

I am not working on anything B) As for the ban, whenever you use this, you use the IP of my server, since so many of you tried at the same time, it triggered a security feature and disconnected all the clients from that IP address. I removed the ban, I will add that ip to the exception list later today.

I'm still banned... I'll be home in a few hours and will chat with you about it then hopefully!

What is the CGI:IRC Page ? Is this the chat page that is displayed when seleting chart form the tool bar?

Back