Cheap Digi USB-Serial boxes

pete_c

Guru
Bought a couple of these to have as backup to the ones I am using today. The current setup is two USB-8Port serial Digi boxes connected to one 7 port Digi USB hub. These have been running great for years. The ones from Ebay that I received yesterday are very clean and in good shape.

The currently drive my HA box with 16 + 2 + USB serial ports - all on and functioning great.

These are sold by the pair and I purchased for $35.00 including shipping as a buy it now.

I saw another post relating to these on the forum but couldn't find it.

Ebay Digi USB-Serial Boxes.

Just a quick note to say that the EdgePort units are awesome and have worked flawlessly with everything I've ever thrown at them! I can't say the same for _any_ other USB or network serial solution I've tried over the years.

Cheers,
-Bill

On a side note the Digi 7 port USB hub has outlasted two other generic (but cheaper) hubs. Many years ago had started with 4-8 port serial cards and it became a bit of a hassle after more than 8 serial ports wee being utilized on my HA server. That and a lightning strike were to blame. Now its only one USB cable to the 7 port Digi Hub (with 4 other USB connections plus two 8 serial port-1 USB box), all working and easy connectivity.

Ya, I finally caved and got me a pair of these as well. Just too useful and cheap to pass up (how often do I keep saying that...?)

I am starting to add more serial devices and may be using a third digi USB to serial box soon. Wonder how HS will run with 24 plus serial connections....

Pete should be getting commission from this seller, I just broke down and bought a pair too. I'm sure I'll need them *some* day.

I can stack them next to my 5 Quatech's, my 32 port Edgeport IP box, and my Comtrol serial cards. When the apocalypse comes and serial ports become currency, I will own the world! :D

Ya, I think this is a sickness. 5 quatech boxes, 4port syba PCI card, and 8 port moxa PCI card...now with 2 digi 8 port boxes! *cry*

Back